The Flying Heritage Collection (FHC) is looking for full-time, part-time and seasonal Greeters to provide excellent customer service to our guests. These roles will handle customer transactions, ticketing, store merchandise and inventory. Greeters should be able to provide information on a wide range of topics, from directions to the Museum to directions to the nearest restaurant. Must be willing to work weekends and Holidays as needed.
Both full-time and part-time Greeter opportunities are eligible for all Vulcan perks and benefits.
Looking for a short-term opportunity over the Holidays? FHC is also hiring temporary seasonal Greeters for approximately three months. These temporary positions will not be eligible for Vulcan Perks and Benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet visitors when entering the facility.
- Ring in ticket and gift shop sales accurately.
- Handle heavy cash and credit card transactions, with cash reconciliation occurring at the end of each shift.
- Be familiar with gift shop inventory in order to sell, upsell, and answer customer questions.
- Be familiar with the Visitor Service operation to provide accurate information and excellent customer service.
- Keep assigned work area clean, stocked, and safe.
- Demonstrate professional phone etiquette.
- Assist in physical inventory of merchandise.
- Assist with Volunteers as need.
- Assist in set up and operations for events and special programs at the collection.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Previous experience in retail preferred
- Knowledge of customer service principles and processes. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills to effectively respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform tasks involving stooping, walking, bending, searching for items and standing for long periods of time.
- Willing to work weekends and Holidays as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Experience with QuickBooks POS preferred
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and 1 plus year relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.