The Receptionist/ Administrative Services Coordinator will work as a team to provide first- level security and customer service to guests at Vulcan Inc ensuring that their needs are identified and handled timely and professionally. This position operates a multi-line telephone system to answer, screen, and route and/or take messages for incoming calls as well as ensures conference rooms and common office areas are continually kept neat and orderly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate person or department. Issue visitor badges and validates parking.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate person or department. Take and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate persons are unavailable.
- Answer questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other approved information.
- Monitor and restore galleys during daily rounds by rebalancing dishes and emptying dishwashers as needed. Replenish and perform daily upkeep as required for tea and coffee service.
- Retrieve messages from group voice mailbox and forwards to appropriate person.
- Monitor visitor access.
- Assist employees with scheduling conference rooms and fleet cars.
- Retrieve faxes, assists users and sends faxes.
- Reconcile and distributes various invoices.
- Perform other clerical duties as requested, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Implement and manage employee Transportation Benefit.
- Order and restock galley supplies.
- Monitor on-site Athletic Club facility.
- Order and distribute employee business cards.
- Facilitate employee perks such as dry cleaning and Massage Day.
- Place maintenance requests as needed.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment
- Must be an organized self-starter
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience interacting with senior level management and prior customer service experience a plus
- Must be able to remain calm and cool under pressure
- Must be discreet and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Previous experience using a multi-line phone.
Required computer skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and 2 plus years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.