The Sr. Contract Specialist is responsible for assisting the Vulcan Aerospace staff with contract negotiations, approval and administration of contracts and service agreements within the department. This position will interact with both Legal and Purchasing departments. The Sr. Contract Specialist is responsible for verifying that each vendor maintains relevant levels of insurance, NDA’s and other pertinent ongoing materials required by the contract and that such requirements are updated annually and maintained on file at Vulcan.
The Sr. Contract Specialist is also responsible for creating & maintaining the vendor database, cost-tracking reports, vendor report cards and a coordinated database of the various forms of contracts and agreement types that the Department exercises on its varied range of Projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In concert with Project Managers - initiate, manage, monitor and track contracts and contractual relationships established by the department.
- Facilitate negotiation of contracts between vendors and Vulcan legal representatives.
- Facilitate Vulcan internal approvals.
- Work with Project Managers & financial controls to monitor performance & payments on contracts. Verify and track details such as vendor insurance certificates, purchase orders, invoices and other related documents.
- Develop department standard processes and forms/templates/matrixes for project updates, schedules, contract flow, inter-departmental communication, and other requests.
- Provide requested project information and act as liaison between the Department and other internal departments and Affiliate Companies as required from time to time.
- Maintain current forms of contracts in cooperation with Legal.
- Obtain approval, verify rates and receive invoices in PeopleSoft.
- Create and maintain a vendor report card based on actual performance to inform future hiring decisions.
- Create and maintain a database of major contract/loan terms & conditions to inform future decision-making.
- Organize and coordinate purchase requisition requests and invoices for the Department.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- Special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management, internal departments, employees, attorneys, regulatory agencies, consultants, and companies.
- Requires the ability to convey and work with confidential information, and respond to and follow up on complaints, problems and issues.
- Ability to read and understand legal documents and contracts.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Contract management / purchasing experience.
- Previous experience with aerospace procurement.
- Experience with federal government contracting (FAR, OTA).
- Knowledge of the building process including terminology & document usage preferred.
- Experience reviewing, drafting & abstracting contractual scopes of work.
Required computer skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- MS Project
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) from accredited institution and 5 or more years’ relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special remarks regarding work environment
There should be minimal travel in this position.