The Sr. Maintenance Technician (HVAC) will be responsible for maintenance, repairs, installations and inspections, of commercial and residential HVAC, plumbing and refrigeration systems on the Estate. The position also assists the Facilities Team with general maintenance of the Estate. This is a hands on/on call position that will troubleshoot and promptly respond to all routine, scheduled, and emergency mechanical problems or issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and repair HVAC/R, mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems and associated components.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on required systems.
- Read blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Inspect, monitor, repair, maintain, and operate mechanical systems, motors, compressors, pumps, fans, ducts, pipes, thermostats, and switches.
- Install, maintain, and repair heating, ventilating, air conditioning, glycol, humidification, hot and chilled water distribution equipment and systems to optimize performance and energy use.
- Maintain and document preventative maintenance programs and general repairs on all equipment.
- Keep manager and other affected personnel informed on the status of daily and project work.
- Will be required to assist in maintenance and service repairs in the area of carpentry (wall repairs, painting, plastering) pools, spas, water features and vehicle servicing.
- Work with the Manager on purchasing related supplies and equipment within budget requirements.
- Troubleshoots emergencies with Facilities team; Develops contingency plans as necessary in the case of power failures or other unforeseen emergencies.
- Responsible for completion of work orders assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
- Assist other departments on the estate as needed.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Assist on special projects and perform other duties as requested by the owner or Manager/Supervisor.
- Maintain appropriate certifications, licenses, and training for safe work practices and methods.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- 5+ years commercial HVAC service experience required.
- General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
- General knowledge of water feature and pool maintenance
- Knowledge of all maintenance tools and equipment, and ability to use them effectively and safely
- Ability to operate estate vehicles, boats and machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to follow department protocol around daily reporting/communication on current projects.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to work independently, closely with others and as a member of a team
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Reliable and dependable
Required computer skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and 8 plus years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Universal EPA Certification and 6A Limited Energy License.
Special remarks regarding work environment
- Travel estimated to be 5%.
- Regular work hours are Monday thru Friday, 7:30 am. to 4 pm.
- Required to respond to maintenance issues after hours as needed.