The Manager, Operations and Facilities is responsible for the maintenance of the Flying Heritage Collection's seven leased hangars and other properties (tank arena, Everett parking lot), the coordination and oversight of assigned major projects and FHC events, and general business operations. This position is responsible for managing contract and budgeting specialists, the team of Greeter/Receptionists, and the Facilities Maintenance staff. This is a hands-on position with overall responsibility for providing an exceptional experience and customer service to museum guests.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage the maintenance of all FHC’s facilities (currently three buildings, two parking lots and a tank arena at Paine Field and four buildings at Arlington Airport)
- Act as lead for major projects related to facility or operations of FHC (e.g., building remodels, etc.)
- Act as primary liaison for external partners (e.g., Paine Field, Snohomish County).
- Oversee daily operations of the Flying Heritage Collection facilities in liaison with the Manager, Maintenance and Restoration
- Document all work processes for Operations and Guest Services procedures and maintain all relevant manuals and documents
- Ensures that comprehensive processes, procedures and standards are developed, documented, communicated, and implemented in Operations and Guest Services
- Oversee the management of budgets and finances of the Flying Heritage Collection and related entities, including oversight of the preparation and implementation of the annual budgets for Flying Heritage Collection and Friends of Flying Heritage, and oversight of day to day financial transactions
- Provide assistance and oversight of strategic planning for facility’s mission and objectives.
- Supervise the contract process along with the Contract Specialist and in partnership with Vulcan Finance and Legal teams.
- Support negotiation of contracts between FHC team, vendors and Vulcan legal representatives
- Oversee reporting on contracts including payments and budget variances
- Manage the FHC business operations staff (finances, contracts) and facility staff, as well as our team of Greeter/Receptionists. Duties include hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating facility personnel
- Manage the performance of direct reports including direct communication, coaching, development and any corrective actions
- Work in tandem with the marketing team of Flying Heritage Collection to assist in executing the marketing strategy and coordinating facilities requirements for events.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, responsibility and fulfillment of commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in finance, strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge and experience of project management.
- Experience in hospitality, management or retail sales
- Experience with customer service including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience in recruitment, selection, training and performance management.
- Experience motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to perform well with minimal supervision, and to effectively manage multiple tasks with varying priorities.
- Ability to understand, manage and implement policies and procedures, including making procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential, and urgent issues.
- Ability to seek out solutions to various challenges.
- Ability to evaluate, organize, prioritize and track complex issues over extended periods.
Required computer skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook), managing files and records.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from accredited institution and 8 plus years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position directly manages a team of employees. The manager performs responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Special remarks regarding work environment:
- Position may involve some travel, estimated to be 10%.
- The incumbent will be required to be available to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand on one's feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds