NaturalMotion Games is seeking experienced and highly talented senior environment artists with excellent creative and technical competence in 3D to join our growing Boss Alien team in Brighton to work on an ambitious and original AAA title for tablet and mobile utilising high-end graphics and innovative social and connected gameplay features.
Candidates will have broad development and artistic experience, and be skilled and passionate artist, with a creative mind-set and a burning enthusiasm for making great games, a dedication to quality, and the ability to adapt quickly to new challenges.
- Design, model and texture architectural elements and environments for use in 3D real-time games.
- Create fantastic scenes for environments, integrating both architectural elements and organic shapes
- Work within constraints set by the technology (polycount limitations, texture sizes, etc.).
- Craft hand-painted textures for both environments and architecture for an original ground up game.
- Take direction from the Art Director and make changes as needed.
- Assist in optimising and improving environment art pipeline, determining best tools and processes, etc.
- Work with the Producer and engineers to ensure that your work is properly implemented into the game and in our proprietary game engine.
- Collaborate and iterate with a highly experienced, passionate in-house studio team crafting a fantastic new game for mobile and tablet devices.
- Deliver your work to a high quality and finish to agreed time.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working on a number of high calibre shipped game titles.
- An excellent understanding of architecture, spatial layout, lighting, and visual composition.
- Ability to create scenes utilizing 3D environment and prop models, including UV set creation and painted texture maps utilizing Maya/ Photoshop and familiarity with Zbrush.
- Possess a solid understanding of modelling for limited-poly, real-time game pipelines.
- Ability and experience in working within technical constraints of game engines and editors.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating an ability to work with a broad range of subjects and styles from realistically detailed to stylized.
- An affinity for architectural as well as natural environments.
- Strong passion for gaming.
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual.
- Ability to take direction well and provide constructive and well articulated feedback to improve art quality
- Show an appreciation and understanding for modelling and texturing to engine and game performance benchmarks
- A desire to share your skills, experience and feedback with others to elevate the overall skill level of the entire team and the fidelity level of the project: A natural mentor.
What do we give you?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 23 days holiday
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Zynga.