Sr Manager, Network Engineering
Zynga is looking for a talented Network Engineering Manager to come and join their dynamic team! If you are a seasoned technology manager with strong leadership and project management skills, we’d love to talk to you. We are looking for a confident manager who would love to join an exciting gaming culture.
Hours are flexible, but will often require late evening and 24x7 response to critical issues on a fast-growing, international network infrastructure.Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 6 or more engineers and administrators in US and International locations.
- Lead large projects like datacenter moves/builds and office moves/builds.
- Lead cross team projects.
- Operate and maintain a global network with 15+ locations and hundreds of network devices.
- Manage physical network connectivity in high-density datacenter environment.
- Manage project planning, JIRA queues, and a budget.
- Mentor individuals to continue to grow their skillset.
- Work with senior engineers to set vision, define our roadmap, and execute against that roadmap.
- Vendor relationship management.
- At least 5 years of recent management experience preferably network operations and/or engineering.
- At least 5 years as a network engineer or administrator.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of extensive experience with LAN/WAN networking hardware.
- Intermediate level experience with switching and routing technologies.
- Experience with physical layer technologies- Gig/10G Ethernet, CAT5/6 cabling, Fiber.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and core network services (DNS, SMTP, NTP, syslog, http servers).
- Experience working with a variety of network monitoring tools: observium, nagios, cacti, snmp, Rancid.
- Dedication to exceeding quality standards and providing services of the highest caliber.
- Attention to detail.
- Passion for Gaming!
- ITIL, PMP, or related certifications.
- Experience with or certifications for Juniper or Cisco.
- Experience with Checkpoint or Checkpoint certifications.
- Experience with network load balancers (F5 BigIP/LTM/GTM).
- Experience with network security- firewalls/ACLs, VPN services.
- Experience with UPS, PDU, and other infrastructure.
- Experience with network automation and scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of switching and routing technologies – OSPF, HSRP/VRRP, IPv6, Spanning Tree, BGP, etc.
Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Zynga.