At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora seeks an Internal Audit Manager to join the Internal Audit and SOX Controls team.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Internal Audit.
Plan, supervise, and conduct audits and reviews of various functions, and processes; Perform value-added assessment of internal control, processes, financial reporting, and identify opportunities for improvement; Develop and train internal audit staff including a detailed review of their workapers. Perform traditional audits and SOX compliance testing.
- Develop procedures, schedules, priorities and programs to align Internal Audit objectives and goals with the strategies of the Company.
- Develop and adjust audit plans to address high-risk areas.
- Provide expertise in auditing and accounting standards and performance criteria, audit requirements, and information technology skills.
- Develop and maintain productive and effective business side relationships.
- Teach, train and mentor internal audit staff and coach Company staff through recommendations
- Assist in SOX 404 project management
- Review updates on Section 404 documentation as required, including internal control documentation, risk and control matrices, scoping documents, aggregation of deficiencies, etc.
- Follow through on responses to internal and external auditor recommendations and liaise with external auditors for areas of responsibility
- Identify and communicate changes in professional standards, pronouncements, laws, guidelines and audit requirements.
- Ensure that detailed audit work is focused effectively on areas assessed as high risk, thus ensuring maximum payback from the assignment.
- Present audit recommendations clearly and concisely to management and ensure subsequent written audit reports are issued timely.
- Ensure all approved audit recommendations are implemented in accordance with agreed upon action plans.
- Stay abreast of best practices both internally and externally and provide a channel for introducing those practices to the company.
- Be a role model for the company’s values and demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; presentation skills and ability to converse with senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business technology, or related field is required
- 6 - 10 years work experience in auditing and/or SOX compliance with a strong background in internal controls
- CPA, CIA, or other relevant independent certification or education experience
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Technology industry experience
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of COSO 2013
- Strong, demonstrated technical accounting (US GAAP) and SEC reporting knowledge
- Extensive finance and accounting knowledge, including detailed understanding of financial auditing and PCAOB standards
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org