At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
The VP Strategic Communications leads all aspects of Pandora’s communication strategy and execution, in alignment with Pandora’s overarching marketing strategy. She/he works closely with the executive leadership team to craft a cohesive, consumer-facing narrative and drive its delivery across multiple internal and external stakeholder groups. A seasoned communications leader, she/he will build and develop a strong team to drive impact, proactively leveraging a broad set of media touchpoints to maintain and extend Pandora’s prominence in the public dialogue around music, technology and culture.
The VP Strategic Communications team achieves measurable PR goals and earned media for our Brand, Product, Technology, MusicMaker and Advertiser initiatives. Pandora emphasizes deep collaboration between key partners. In this role, the leader and team must collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders, including the CEO, Board of Directors, Product Management, Technology, Business Development, Finance, Sales and other functions to achieve high-impact results at scale in the following areas:
- Listeners: prominently drive awareness and trends around Pandora’s products, services, artist programs and live events opportunities for its 80M+ monthly active listeners
- Music Makers: incorporate industry milestones and trends into Pandora’s positioning as the world’s leading streaming music service; proactively develop listener and artist insights to maintain and extend Pandora’s thought leadership with labels, artists, management, promoters and music venues.
- Investor Relations: key partner of President/CFO and IR team to maintain and enhance cohesive packaging of Pandora’s value to institutional investors and analysts
- Brand and Advertiser Marketing: continue to deepen Pandora’s collaborative relationships with corporate and top tier press covering the advertising and media landscape. Align closely with Sales and Ad Product leadership to drive recognition of the unique advantages of Pandora’s advertising platform and brand-sponsored products.
- Internal Communications: Enrich employee experience with transparent, effective models of company-employee engagement that supports employer of choice positioning, especially related to recruitment, retention, culture, diversity and inclusion.
- Crisis Communications: Safeguard Pandora’s brand through rapid yet thorough response plans to address complex, potentially heated public issues affecting the company, executives and board.
- Development and delivery of strategic communications roadmap powered by a narrative engine that leverages the assets and stories of Pandora’s brand, product advances and key leaders along with artist and advertiser insights
- Work effectively cross-functionally to influence, manage and drive communications roadmap and narrative across internal organizations
- Close alignment with all marketing efforts (Growth and Retention, Brand Marketing, Product Marketing, Advertiser, MusicMaker)
- Lead team of high-performing communications professionals with specific expertise in cultural trends, advertiser marketing, music industry, technology sector, live events, internal communications
- Successfully raise Pandora’s profile at major industry events and conferences. Lead a function that continually preps and pitches executive and senior leadership speakers from all key disciplines.
- Oversee internal communications function to publicize our employer of choice positioning especially related to recruitment, retention, culture, diversity and inclusion.
- 20+ years of corporate communications, PR, external and internal communications in a consumer-facing capacity
- 10+ years communications leadership experience
- Demonstrated mastery of both internal and external communications with a fluency in the most current communications mediums and how these media need to be linked as part of a communications platform to create a differentiated brand
- Proven ability to create and utilize strong media and key influencer relationships to drive results; experience working with journalists at key outlets across print, broadcast and online channels
- Experience presenting to executive leaders, board members, C-level customers and a variety of internal and external audiences
- Experience building and executing media campaigns, crisis management plans, and advising C-suite leadership
- Experience managing agencies and contractors with scalable processes to drive and measure results
- Solid business acumen and analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial metrics and communications requirements relevant to a publicly-traded company
- Expert writing skills with ability to write in a variety of styles and media, including business-to-business communications, speechwriting and other corporate communications
- Strong preference for communications leaders at the intersection of public/government service and technology sectors
- Confident yet humble; dynamic, audacious, aggressive, proactive, focused on driving results
- Demonstrates excellence in execution; aligns key stakeholders to decisions; highly collaborative with cross-functional partners and customers; knows how to get desired stories told
- Insights driven, innovative; champions breakthrough ideas and initiatives
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.