Reporting to the Finance Director, the ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, loves challenges and thrives in a fast-paced & cross-cultural environment, and is willing and able to be hands-on. He or she deals well with ambiguity & adapts to changes quickly within a very dynamic business environment, is strong in accounting operations and seeks continuous process improvements, and is able to collaborate well across various functional teams in understanding business and finance requirements and the effect on financials.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking for growth and challenges, and be part of a global team in one of the fastest growing tech companies. The position is based in Singapore.
What you will do
- Direct and oversee the deliverables for APAC Accountant, Accounts Specialist and outsourced offshore service provider team to ensure accurate and timely financial close and reporting
- Manage relationship and escalations from/into the outsourced offshore service provider team
- Review work done by outsourced offshore service provider team, provide feedback & trainings to improve work quality & efficiencies
- Responsible for APAC monthly general ledger month-end close, including but not limited to consolidation, foreign exchange, inter-company, fixed assets, prepaid expenses and accruals journals, accounts reconciliations and fluxes
- Manage the process of preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and reserves
- Implement processes or best practices to simplify, standardize and scale the business and accounting organization
- Ensure intercompany transactions are correctly recorded, reconciled and reported
- Validate and analyze financial statements, perform variance analysis and follow up on key issues identified
- Perform regional consolidation for submission to corporate accounting team
- Liaise or assist in regulatory requirements/reporting and government submittals for all APAC legal entities with auditors, bankers, tax agents and relevant government agencies
- Support analysis of results, forecasting and budgeting
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Review and recommend improvements to finance policies, internal controls, systems and processes
- Partner with local management and regional teams to support the business operations
- Mentor, teach and review work of other supporting members of the accounting team as needed
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate or lead in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned (such as projects to optimize reporting platforms and processes)
- Travel required approximately 10-20% of total work time.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA or CA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years related month close, GL or consolidation experience with global company preferably in digital subscriptions or digital advertising industry, with at least 2 years of people management experience.
- Experience with major ERP system required (e.g. Oracle, SAP, NetSuite).
- Ability to do accounting research to find solutions for accounting issues.
- Technically proficient with web applications and MS Office (strong Excel skills), and be comfortable with extremely large data volume.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, meticulous, and able to perform well under pressure, prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- Quick learner, service-oriented, process focused, versatile.
- Possess excellent analytical and communication skills across all levels.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Prior Big 4 experience and knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP preferred
- Fluent in English, oral and written. Additional Asian languages would be an advantage.
- Work experience in transition or managing outsourcing companies or shared services would also be an advantage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.