Spotify is expanding in Asia Pacific region and looking to create a regional hub from the Singapore office to serve this unique and growing region. As a member of the APAC Finance team, the APAC Payroll and Expenses Specialist will be responsible for APAC payroll delivery function and expenses accounting operations, ensure that corporate accounting requirements are met, strong internal controls are in place and drive continuous improvements in efficiency and processes. As the first point of contact with our internal customers on payroll and expenses, this role will have a significant impact on our ability to meet SLA’s and a right first time approach will be critical to our service delivery.
Reporting to the APAC Accounting/Finance Manager, the ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and versatile team player who is able to work in multi-cultural and fast-paced environment. He or she must be able to deal with ambiguity & adapt to changes quickly, be able to independently manage escalations across various functional teams, and be hands-on.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking for growth and challenges, and be part of a global team in one of the fastest growing tech companies. The position is based in Singapore.
What you will do
- Responsible for full spectrum of payroll and expense functions which includes data collections, generating and posting journal entries, performing accounts reconciliations, escalations management, etc.
- Manage workflow for multi-country monthly and ad-hoc payroll processing via vendors, ensure that payroll payments and reporting are delivered consistently, accurately and on time in accordance with company policies and procedures, and in compliance with local statutory and tax requirements
- Assist with general HR related matters and benefits administration
- Manage internal customers with requests that are outside the scope of services contracted with vendors, and manage incoming escalations/rework, ensuring that confidence of the customer is maintained and customer satisfaction goals are achieved
- Perform assigned accounts reconciliation, fluxes and follow up on key issues
- Review work done by outsourced or offshore service providers, provide feedback to improve work quality & efficiencies, and handle escalations from/into the outsourced or offshore service providers
- Track KPIs to ensure process improvement opportunities are identified and can be implemented.
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine payroll and expenses accounting processes and procedures.
- Work cross functionally with Finance and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key payroll and expenses initiatives and best practices.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned (such as projects to optimize reporting platforms and processes)
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Finance/Accounting with CPA or CA or ACCA qualification preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll specialist experience at a global or regional organization
- Working knowledge of payroll and expenses related best practices and regulations; HR Administration background would be beneficial
- Experience with large scale integrated Payroll/HR systems and ERP system required (e.g. Oracle, SAP, NetSuite)
- Excellent time and self-management skills, meticulous, and able to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required
- Quick learner, service-oriented, process focused, versatile and strong team player
- High degree of professionalism, and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Technically proficient with web applications and MS Office (strong Excel skills), and be comfortable with extremely large data volume
- Possess excellent analytical and communication skills across all levels
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus
- Work experience in engaging outsourcing companies or shared services will be an advantage
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.