<bAre you a tech savvy Accountant with experience from a global, large-scale company that thrives in a fast-paced environment? Have you got vast experience from reporting and deep knowledge about IFRS (and preferably US-GAAP) Then Spotify is looking for you!
What you’ll do
In this role you will be the single point of contact for our business partners and will be responsible for designated EMEA entities. You will report into the Sr. Manager Record to Report and become a part of an international, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Perhaps most importantly: you will become a part of changing how the world experiences music.
- The Country accountant acts as the Single Point of Contact for our business partners and will be responsible for designated EMEA entities
- Responsible for the accuracy of data and compliance with IFRS/Local GAAP and other accounting regulations for the relevant entity
- End-to-end owner of all accounting activities starting with the journal entry and ending with the filing of the statutory financial statement
- Act as the main driver in the interaction with our business partners and also for the cross functional liaison between the business partners
- Work closely with our outsourced offshore service provider and if necessary with our outsourced payroll provider
- Coordinate and drive P&L/BS reviews together with the business partners
- Responsible for month-end close processes
- Monthly reporting for G&A Activities
- Review of monthly account reconciliations
- Audit liaison (SOX, statutory, IFRS, Local GAAP)
Who you are
- You have a B.Sc in Accounting/Finance, preferably also qualified accountant
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an equivalent position is required
- Experience from a European HQ environment working for a US multinational company
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- A skilled Excel and ERP systems user and if you have experience in implementation of systems this is considered a big plus
- Fluent in English, oral and written. Additional foreign languages would be an advantage
- Results oriented, able to perform well under pressure and prioritize
- A team player with excellent communication relationships building skills on all levels
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.