Spotify is now looking for an Analyst/Manager Tax Accounting and Compliance to our Tax Team, based in our Head Office in Stockholm. In this role you’ll be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate tax provisions in all legal entities and develop our tax processes throughout Spotify globally. This is a very free and dynamic role in an ever-changing environment with the opportunity to take on much responsibility in a rapidly growing international company. You’ll be reporting to our Senior Manager Tax Accounting & Compliance. The role will entail some travel.
What you’ll do
- Ensuring timely and accurate tax provisions in all legal entities - for both Group (IFRS) and Local (IFRS or Local GAAP)
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation and filing of all the Group's tax returns
- Prepare the Group's tax forecasting, managing both the Group's cash tax obligations and Effective Tax rate
- Liaising with external service providers and tax advisers as well as statutory auditors
- Create and maintain a tax compliance policy, processes and SOX compliant tax controls
- Close interactions with accounting for accurate financials from a tax reporting point of view
- Additional ad hoc duties to meet the needs of the business, such as:
- Tax audit support
- Support for business in structuring deals and transactions in a tax compliant and optimal way
- Corporate tax treatment of Equity based compensation
- Thin capitalisation analysis and follow-up
Who you are
- We believe that you have about 4-6 years of working experience in the field of expertise in industry and/or a big four consultant firm
- Education as an accountant (potentially Certified Public Accountant) and/or economist or similar
- Excellent general accounting skills and experience
- Some knowledge and experience in accounting for income taxes (IFRS), specifically in producing large global tax consolidations
- Good knowledge about corporate income tax
- Experience with financial systems (ERP, consolidation tools and management reporting tools). At Spotify we use MS Dynamics Navision and SQL but are transferring to Netsuite
- Strong Microsoft application skills including the ability to prepare robust Excel models and the ability to learn new software platforms
- Deep desire to perform with the best and drive constant improvement in a fast paced environment
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn and develop every day.
- Not afraid to challenge and question colleagues (regardless of level) in a constructive manner always with the best solution for Spotify in mind
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Spotify.