Do you know IFRS like the inside of your own pocket? Are you a people manager extraordinaire and a change maker that thrives in a fast-paced environment? Have you got vast experience from record to report function in an international environment? Then Spotify is looking for you.
What you’ll do
In this role you will be accountable for the operational performance of the EMEA general ledger, accounting and fixed assets functions and report into the Sr Director of Finance EMEA. You will become a part of an international, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Perhaps most importantly: you will become a part of changing how the world experiences music.
- Deliver superior operational performance of the EMEA general ledger, accounting and fixed assets functions at Spotify
- Manage the process of preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and reserves
- Deliver quarterly EMEA flux analysis for key Balance Sheet and P&L accounts
- Manage a local team of 2-3 persons, as well as a team of 8-10 persons at our outsourced offshore service provider in Eastern Europe ensuring that these activities are performed in an accurate, compliant manner and in accordance with IFRS
- Additionally, manage escalations from our outsourced team, as well as escalations into the outsourced team from our cross-functional finance partners in EMEA
- Manage accounting operations and relationship for outsourced teams for countries not yet included in our ERP system
- Responsible to support the audit/review process with our external auditors
- Manage EMEA record to report internal control requirements
- Partner with other finance stakeholders in the organisation to streamline the close process and work with extended teams to support the implementation of global consistent and standardized accounting processes
- Partner with our outsourced offshore service provider to drive process improvement and standardization efforts in the record to report area
- This role will involve travels
Who you are
- You have a B.Sc. degree in Finance/Accounting and strong knowledge of IFRS, accounting operations, general ledger accounting, internal controls, and financial reporting
- 10+ years of experience general accounting, accounts payable, treasury, payroll, and cash accounting activities; 6 years as a people manager
- Experienced in working in a European HQ for a US Multinational Compan
- Able to deal with complex accounting issues
- A strong people manager and experienced in managing an offshore team and outsourced processes
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable with effectively working with teams in other Spotify locations
- A capable manager of critical projects
- Familiar with Six Sigma/Lean Methodology
- Last but not least you are a skilled influencer and communicator able to work with cross-functional teams, analytically strong and have a can-do attitude
- Systems savvy: possess a solid understanding and application of finance and accounting systems (Netsuite,Blackline.)
- Fluent in English, oral and written. Additional foreign languages would be an advantage
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Spotify.