We are looking for a Product Owner that will join our new Content Delivery team. You will own and drive the short, medium and long term vision and execution for Content Delivery at Spotify. You and your team, consisting of Backend Engineers, Network Engineers and peering experts, are fundamental contributors when it comes to the way the world experience & values Spotify. Our current delivery mechanisms are a mix of older infrastructure, external CDNs as well as our new Mega and Micro PoPs spawning around the globe.
What you’ll do:
- Think big! We are a global company and our 100M+ user base is growing by the minute. You will be fundamental in making sure that our delivery solutions will continue to be world leading as we expand to even more markets.
- Provide strategic expertise on relevant industry and competitor developments.
- Be at the forefront of emerging technologies and assess how they can be used to further enhance the quality of the delivery.
- Drive a multi disciplinary team to deliver like clockwork with increasing quality.
- Continuously evaluate performance to drive improvements and iterations on the platform.
- Continuously collaborate with infrastructure teams and external stakeholders.
- Continuously monitor, summarize, and report feedback from the user base, as well as from the media industry.
- Work from our office in Stockholm.
Who you are:
- You understand how Internet routing mechanics works from both a local and global perspective.
- You are comfortable participating in the the architecture/technical decisions made in the team, requiring you to have in depth knowledge about content delivery mechanisms.
- You can translate you and your team’s knowledge & experience to use-cases and prioritized backlog items that will pave the way for other teams at Spotify to excel when building content experiences that relies on your delivery infrastructure.
- You have demonstrable experience managing and developing business critical systems – including defining product road maps and long-term plans.
- You get stuff done! As demonstrated by working as a product owner, or similar, in high performing teams that have built and deployed large scale applications and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.