We are looking for a seasoned product owner who is passionate to lead our asset metadata management team and the Core Catalog service portfolio. This team operates and evolves the most central part of Spotify’s vast digital media archive, playing a key role in the ingest, enrichment, quality assurance and publishing flows for all of the company’s current music, podcast and video assets.
We see the marketplace for streaming media continue to evolve in the direction of new content formats, shortened delivery times and more consumption devices on top of an explosion in content volume. You will play an integral part in defining our vision for the next generation metadata services aimed to keep Spotify the world leader in this domain. While a product owner naturally needs to excel at stakeholder management, it’s important to stress that your work here will impact the very fundament of the Spotify universe. To make our catalog truly shine, we rely heavily on having multiple teams across the company plug into our processes to enrich our catalog with their detailed knowledge of the world, putting additional emphasis on your ability to prioritize requirements and coordinate dependencies across multiple parallel projects and time zones.
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Stockholm, Sweden, where this team resides.
What you’ll do
- Articulate and evolve the Core Catalog team’s vision and mission.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to make sure that you and the team provides for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy - including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Work relentlessly to make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
- Manage your own and the team’s availability - given stakeholders across the globe, we sometimes need to join/host meetings outside typical office hours.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity.
- You have a proven track record of developing and managing world-class software products, preferably using agile development methodologies.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You are persistent and rational in that you put facts above speculation.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
- Familiarity with large scale digital Media Asset Management (MAM) and Content Storage Management (CSR) systems.
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or online entertainment.
- Excellent data and process modeling skills; concepts and languages such as ER/UML/XML/SQL/MOF etc.
- Background in Big Data, specifically around volume, velocity and veracity.