Manager, General Ledger
The Manager of General Ledger is responsible for managing delivery for all aspects of the general ledger processes, validation and analysis of reported results, and support of information needs across a diverse financial reporting user base. This individual will need to be a very strong leader who is adept at driving change within a very dynamic business environment and has a proven record of delivering process efficiency results. This will require working closely with the international teams, tax department, and legal personnel in the set-up, reorganization and maintenance of inter-company and subsidiary relationships. In addition to properly accounting for the growing intercompany structure, this person will be expected to drive positive change, including evaluating and streamlining of existing processes and controls.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of combined experience in a leadership role at a global organization listed in the U.S. and public accounting firms. The position is based in NYC.
What you will do
- Manage the monthly and quarterly global GL close processes, including the review of journal entries, account reconciliations and fluxes.
- Design and implement informative financial results reports to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and develop/refine GL accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements.
- Assist with analyzing consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Interpret and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Assist with financial audits, prepare audit schedules and interface with auditors.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel required approximately 10 – 20% of total work time.
Who you are
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA or CA preferred.
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience and at least 1 -2 years of people management experience with global public company.
- Solid understanding of IFRS and ability to do accounting research to find solutions for accounting issues.
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle or SAP); Netsuite experience a plus
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager/supervisor to accomplish objectives.
Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Spotify.