We are looking for a Senior Content Accountant to support the global content accounting operations team. The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years experience from financial controlling in the content and/or music industry. The position is based in NYC.
What you will do
- Execution of monthly global content accounting close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting.
- Preparation and/or review of monthly account reconciliations, role forwards and flux analysis.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices in the content team to scale our business to support the global expansion plans.
- Develop and/or refine content accounting processes and procedures.
- Support external, 3rd party and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Work cross functionally with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, Content, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, IT, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel can be required occasionally in the role.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA or CA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of financial controlling preferably from the content industry.
- Experience with major ERP system required (Oracle, SAP or Netsuite).
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large data volume.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Previous experience of IFRS and/or SOX is an advantage.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Spotify.