Senior Manager, Credit & Collections
We are looking for an experienced SR. Credit & Collections Manager to lead the global process for credit and collections organization. The ideal candidate should have 10+ years of combined experience in leadership role at a global organization in U.S. This position is based in NYC.
What you will do
- Oversee and manage high-volume customer account base with experience across advertising agencies and direct customers.
- Drive high-quality execution against project initiatives and operational commitments.
- Responsible for creating and sustaining excellent customer experience throughout the credit and collection process, providing start-to-finish solutions to internal and external customers.
- Collaborate and serve as a representative for liaising with teams across the entire function (Sales, Sales Operations, Legal, Finance, IT, 3rd party service providers, customers, etc.) to achieve the company’s goals.
- Build and manage a global team that meets and exceeds financial metrics, including aging of invoices/DSO, monthly collection targets, and SLAs
- Manage company credit exposure to assigned account base to minimize bad debt.
- Manage the relationship and provide guidance to the team and act as a point of escalation; Monitor and share best practices with our 3rd party partner, as well as our internal organization.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day cash application operations.
- Lead the development and execution of automated solutions to support standardized processes.
- Prepare weekly and monthly AR Reports, metrics and dashboards.
- Actively participate in month, quarter and year-end closes activities.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel required approximately 30 – 50% of total work time.
Who you are
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum of 10 years of credit, collection, accounts receivable, and customer service experience required in a global organization.
- Experience with major ERP system (Oracle or SAP) required and D&B preferred.
- Effective problem solving experiences with understanding of financial statements, credit risk analysis, SOX, credit practices and procedures.
- Experience managing the relationship with 3rd party partners/outsourced resources.
- Experience in building and leading a high performing team internally, as well as through an outsourced organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop strong working relationships and trust with a broad range of individuals across functions, and multiple levels.
- Advanced Excel skills, including formulas and pivots.
- Knowledge of general accounting is a plus.
- Multi-task with the ability to accurately work in a fast paced, rapidly-growing, and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills; multiple language skills is a plus.
- Experience in managing credit & collections process in a BPO organization.
- Having worked in public companies with international operations is a must, preferred if listed in the U.S.
- Understanding of agency/advertiser relationship preferred.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Spotify.