This is a temporary job - 3-6 months.
The Enterprise Program manager will use traditional project management best practices to manage scope, schedule and resources, but this role requires experience and depth in change management and business transformation, rather than technical (IT, software development) experience. Candidates should have significant domain expertise in HR and Legal functions. In depth understanding of Sales is preferred. Candiates must have experience leading projects that include in depth exective involvement and access to highly sensitive company and employee information.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead strategic, enterprise-wide programs, in support of Ecova strategic priorities.
- Assigned programs will be complex and typically include significant software development, business process development, and/or global services deployment.
- The program manager will work closely with an executive sponsor to lead a cross-functional team to define and execute the program. Teams will include leaders and project managers from software development, delivery operations, finance, marketing and sales.
- Use project management best practices (methods, processes, tools) to lead and manage programs. Follow existing Ecova processes and templates and help define new methods and processes where required.
- Serve as a role model and mentor for project managers by using best practices in areas such as sponsorship management, project plans, RACI process, status reporting and issue management; change and decision logs; risk management and communications.
- For assigned programs, drive extensive cross-organization collaboration, identify trade-offs, work across functions and geographies, balance tactical and strategic initiatives, drive decisions, and communicate with executives. Be involved with hands-on operational activities where required.
Project Management Methodology
As a member of the enterprise PMO, the program manager will contribute to the development of new and improved methods program management methods and tools.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Degree in energy-related discipline, engineering, or other technology-based fields are preferred.
- Formal training in project and risk management. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification preferred.
- Formal training in Agile development methods a plus.