Suffolk University invites qualified candidates to apply for the Associate Director of Operations for Residence Life and Housing. The Associate Director position is a year round, full-time position who has directive responsibility for overseeing a comprehensive housing operations function. This includes assignments and room management, occupancy, contract sales, billing management, summer operations, and central office operations.
The Department of Residence Life & Housing fosters a safe, supportive and inclusive community that strives to develop educated and engaged citizens of a global society who act and lead with integrity. Utilizing the city of Boston as our campus, we expose our students to new individuals, ideas and issues, and support diversity through sensitivity, advocacy and education. Our department is committed to providing leadership opportunities and both formal and informal experiences that build vibrant living learning communities, promoting the academic mission of our institution.
- Coordinate all operational projects and processes including overall responsibility for all aspects of occupancy management operations including occupancy reports, mainframe updates, housing waitlist, summer and academic year flowcharts, campus-wide rosters, and work closely with student accounts to insure student billing for room and board are accurate. Serve as the primary liaison to facilities to insure prompt response and work completion.
Oversee all aspects of the housing related functions of summer program operations. Coordinate with the conference and events office regarding proper billing and payment, set rates for groups and individuals, as well as summer session in cooperation with the Budget office.
Recruit, select, train and supervise Resident Director and Conference Assistant Staff. Supervise Operations Coordinator; select, supervise and support summer graduate intern.
Coordinate room selection process, while managing the new student housing process. As a component of this, work with ITS and StarRez to maintain informational records. Maintain Star Rez database and information transferred to Datatel. Maintain necessary collaborations with Information Technologies, Web Development, Budget Office, Finance Office, Suffolk University Police, and RAM Card.
- Provide direction to the Resident Directors regarding occupancy reports, damage billing, opening and closing of halls, break housing, early arrival housing, and other operational functions. Respond to student and parent concerns regarding housing assignments and other aspects of housing.
- Participate in the Administrator on Call rotation.
- Assist with division and campus wide events including, but not limited to, Open House, Suffolk Showcase, Family Weekend, Convocation, Commencement, Academic Recognition Day, Leadership Awards, Student and Professional Staff Selection, etc.
- Represent the Department of Residence Life and Housing on designated committees as assigned and occasionally serve as a hearing officer in student conduct cases.
- Assist the Director and Associate Director of Residence Life in the development of goals, vision, policies, and procedures for Residence Life.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in College Student Development, Higher Education Administration or related field
- 3-5 years post masters experience in a college or university residential environment that includes housing operations, conferences, or related administrative skills
- Strong computer skills including: MS Office (Word and Excel), Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be committed to providing the highest level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Demonstrated experience working in a high volume, deadline oriented customer focused environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be creative and proactive. Must have ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle difficult situations.
- Must participate in Administrator On-Call duty rotation providing coverage 7-days per week, 24-hours per day, including holidays.
- Work extended hours during peak times of the academic year.
- Extended vacations must be approved in advance by the Director of Residence Life and Housing.
- Work evenings and occasional weekends throughout the year.