Suffolk University is seeking qualified candidates to consider for the Law Academic Services Administrator role. This role is responsible for maintaining and updating office systems and information including the departmental website, the Law School’s Campus Cruiser portal, query and reporting using Entrinsik Informer, building and maintaining office MS Access databases, creating statistical reports using MS Excel, updating of Colleague to facilitate student Examsoft system usage and coordinating the office’s correspondence.
- Responsible for processing course evaluations each term: producing forms for distribution and publishing the results to the portal.
- Responsible for graduation and commencement information, statistical reporting, regalia listing, degree data for the commencement program, degree application tracking, and concentration, specialization and pro bono certificates. Works collaboratively with URO to ensure accurate production of diplomas.
- Create, post and maintain slides for the campus display monitors, and Campus Cruiser announcements.
- Oversight of the database system- Datatel Colleague elements, such as Communications Management, Query and report writing for interfaces and statistical reporting.
- Build and maintain MS Access databases that are used to manage graduation information, exam accommodations and rescheduling, course descriptions and evaluations, student lockers, and student petitions.
- Process grades including recording, tracking, calculations and posting.
- Process student records, including managing withdrawals, transfer credits and leave of absences.
- Coordinates with university printer to ensure the timely printing and secure delivery of faculty exams.
- Coordinate Proctor hiring, training and payroll processing. Runs 2 proctor training sessions per exam period.
- Assist with dissemination of law exams including but not limited to the assignment of proctors, meeting accommodation requests including booking these rooms, printing the exams, and oversees the process to ensure all exams/booklets are securely delivered in proper order to faculty. This also includes midterms and makeups.
- Assists with commencement (venue, program, etc...)
- Will work closely with the Assistant Dean of Academic Services and will be responsible for updating and maintaining all existing administrative and staff operational/procedural manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working at Suffolk Suffolk University is a private, comprehensive, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Since 1906, Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience. Our college green is the Boston Common. We are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together. Suffolk is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. Suffolk University is actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LBGTQ status.See yourself here with our terrific benefits package. Benefits include, but are not limited to:Harvard Pilgrim medical/Delta Dental at low employee costsRetirement options including both Standard Retirement Plan (SRP) and Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity (VTDAP). The University contributes 9% to your SRP when you contribute 5% after eligibility guidelines have been met.All employees and faculty members who are at least half-time are eligible for the tuition free course benefit in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School. There are additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children.Generous time-off program. Vacation accrues monthly. Vacation for part-time employees is pro-rated based on the employees’ regularly scheduled hours. Additional holidays are announced each year and are separate from the employee’s vacation allowance.Pre-tax commuter benefitDiscounted home and auto insuranceSuffolk University conducts background checks as a contingent offer of employment for all positions. Suffolk University requires specific written authorization to conduct background checks. Failure to provide such authorization shall preclude candidates from being hired.Please submit your resume along with a cover letter for the position in which you are applying to.
- Facility with a variety of software tools, including query and report writing. In particular the candidate will have experience in some combination of the following:
- MS Access (required)
- Campus Cruiser web portal
- Datatel Colleague
- Open Text web development
- FlippingBook online publishing software
- The full MS Office Suite
- Superior customer service and communications skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make creative use of technology.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple, simultaneous, and competing tasks.
- Detail and result orientated, self-motivated, mature, and reliable
- Must be able to work additional hours during the academic year –this includes the May and December exam periods and Law School Commencement.
- Must be friendly and outgoing and able to maintain a sense of composure for students who may be frustrated and/or confused.
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as on individually assigned tasks.
- Able to deal professionally with a diverse constituency and be able to focus on the task at hand while being aware of customer needs.
- Prior experience in Office of Academic Services or Registrar’s Office preferred
Other jobs at Suffolk University