AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. We have an opening for Maintenance Supervisor. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
Responsible for the maintenance of all production equipment and maintenance associated with said equipment on assigned shift. Is responsible for ensuring that the practices for inspections, maintenance, and repair of equipment are conducted safely and efficiently by maintenance staff. Acts as a role model for technicians, and performs safety and quality monitoring of the job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for overseeing the work and training of the Maintenance staff on assigned shift while ensuring that the assigned work is being completed in a timely manner.
- Oversees the installation, repair, replacement, alteration and maintenance of equipment and the facility.
- Monitors maintenance records to ensure any potential equipment problems are repaired the first time and anomalies are documented for future reference.
- Interacts with Production Staff to arrange for preventative maintenance and to ensure all equipment is working appropriately and efficiently.
- Responsible for the scheduling of PM Activities and tracking conformance to schedule, this includes lubrication program activities working with MP2.
- Has responsibility for the accuracy of information contained in the PM Database, tracking completion dates and missed task rescheduling.
- Developing new generation PM tasks to support equipment requirements and needs based on production needs.
- Overseeing Facility Related issues that need repair on weekends and working with outside contractors when required.
- In addition to directing the work of other associates, the maintenance supervisor maybe required to perform maintenance duties as required on the production equipment and facility.
- Ensures that all associates within the department are abiding by all company and equipment safety guidelines and sanitation guidelines.
- Provides guidance on general equipment repair and installation of safety equipment where procedures are standardized.
- Conducts periodic reviews of associates and actively participates in the development of performance goals and the development of individuals within the department. Applies consistent and ethical standards in any necessary discipline procedures up to and including termination.
- Maintains not only the development of individuals but that of the team in order to set standards for new and transferring personnel.
- Recommends improvements and cost reductions.
- Identifies the causes of failures for breakdowns and repetitive repairs.
The following represents supervisory responsibilities General Supervision: Has responsibility for quality and quantity of work, methods, coaching, promotions, and performance appraisals for those on assigned shift.
Typically has an Associate’s degree in a related field.
At least three years of supervisory experience in a directly related field or equivalent experience.
Experience with managing a preventive maintenance program.
Experience with repair of industrial processes.
Proficient with various computer software programs: Excel, Word, etc.
Experience with Computerized Maintenance Planning Software preferred
If you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please apply now!