JOIN ONE OF THE MOST MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANIES IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY!
YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THE MILITARY COUNTS WITH APF!
AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. We have multiple openings for Production Packers! Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
To remove product from conveyor, inspect quality of product and package neatly in carton according to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Packages product neatly and correctly in carton in an organized manner.
- Packages product with consistent awareness and emphasis on quality.
- Follows verbal directions from Line Leads, Quality, and Managers.
- Obtains basic knowledge of folding and labeling product boxes.
- Rotate throughout packing, palletizing, weighing, labeling and making boxes.
- Must be able to work weekends or extended hours as necessary.
- Discards trash in appropriate containers and dumpsters.
- Operates packaging machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Cleans packaging area routinely before leaving for breaks, including taking blue coats from production area back to coat room.
- May be asked to participate in the orientation of new employees through the buddy system.
- Employee has an individual responsibility to report all possible deficiencies or practices that could compromise food safety.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to improve in performance over an extended period of time.
- Ability to work in cold environment (40°- 45°F temperatures).
- Knowledge and awareness of a neat and clean appearance.
- Must be knowledgeable in all GMP standards pertaining to personal hygiene and the inspection process.
- Ability to count/measure for accurate and consistent packing of product.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion on a consistent and steady basis.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., including overhead lifting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- No experience necessary.
- Time expected to attain production standards and learn to perform the work effectively is three (3) months.
- Annual GMP and HACCP training will be required.
If you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please APPLY now!