AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. We have an opening for Quality Technicians. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
To provide support to the facilities with the focus on both Quality and Food Safety through technical auditing and result based feedback, timely completion of Quality verification checks at key production steps in the process. Quality technicians ensure that analytical and quality specification limits are consistently met and take appropriate actions when specification limits are not achieved.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Decision making and personal ownership skills a must.
- Cross train at other Raw and RTE facilities in case of coverage needs and for possible promotional opportunities.
- Provide verification services in the areas of receiving, storage of ingredients and products, pest control, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), net weights, proper labeling, quality characteristics, and others as identified. Verification may include additional monitoring as a verification step.
- Conduct other inspections as required by customers, government agencies, and company procedures as directed by the Quality V.P., Quality Director or Customer Quality Leader.
- Support facility Food Safety/Regulatory Compliance programs such as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP’s), and Sanitation Performance Standards (SPS) via monitoring and verifying. Assure monitoring instruments; i.e., thermometers, scales, etc. are accurately calibrated.
- Provide feedback that assists in development and enhancement of programs and procedures
- Obtain microbiological samples, including environmental samples and when needed, product samples.
- Follow all company policies, including but not limited to, time & attendance, professional conduct, and employee safety.
- Complete training and certification as deemed necessary to successfully perform the required tasks.
- Job responsibilities can require working variable hours, weekends, and some holiday
- Maintain effective working relationships with all personnel, USDA, etc.
- Assists with maximizing facility efficiencies by proactively addressing situations that could lead to downtime or product loss.
- Support Production leadership in all areas of quality and conformance to product specifications.
- This position is primarily a 10 hours per day/ 5 days per week, however, it will include random nights and weekend coverage and could include other production facilities including the DC.
- Manage Quality records files in a neat and orderly manner and in accordance with both USDA regulation and company policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have good writing skills
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be willing to work in extreme temperatures.
- Must have a good safety record.
- Must be able to interact with other departments.
- Must promote teamwork environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school education or GED. One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please APPLY now!