AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. We have an opening for Business Development Manager- WA, MT, OR, ID, WY, N.CA. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to support the field sales organization by developing/innovating trade strategies and providing information relative to fact-based selling, planning, and informational support. Provide internal information and reporting on a regular basis, evaluate current processes and make improvements/recommendations. Work with the Foodservice Marketing team to participate in strategy building, monthly forecasting, sales planning, and other initiatives demanding sales input and involvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sales leader for a regional Territory calling on Foodservice Prime Prospect Operators such as large Hospitals, Colleges & Universities, Multi-Unit Regional Chains, Professional Stadium venues, Casinos, large Independent Restaurant Operations, and Contract Management Accounts.
- Responsible for face-to-face execution of APF Sales & Marketing Strategies against a defined list of target Prime Prospect Operator Customers in assigned Territory to grow the total APF business
- Penetrate operator customers to truly understand their wants and needs
- Develop conceptual business-building propositions that add value to operator beyond a Product and a Price
- Work closely with Segment Marketing Resource(s) to differentiate APF from competition by being viewed as Segment expert and consultant
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly meeting collaboration with Field Sales personnel to insure alignment
- Validate new Prime Prospect Operator customers utilizing data and marketing strategies
- Maintain and grow existing customers by selling the "APF Way“ – a Principled and Professional Selling Process
- Develop promotional plans for target customers, including requesting trade funding / price deviations/etc. that will return satisfactory ROI
- Contribute to New Product opportunity identification for Large Operator customers/chains
- Provide updates to Sales leadership on opportunities and issues
- Forecast significant volume increases or decreases to sales leadership & demand planning
- Must maintain Sales Projector Account Planning system
- Collaborate with Regional Business Manager
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Travel 75% - must be able to travel
- Must live in the specified territory
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Planning and organization skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player with an Entrepreneurial, “can-do” approach to business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Marketing
- Minimum of 6 years of actual field sales experience
- Background working with Food Brokerage management
- Understanding of Trade promotion strategies and tactics
If you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please APPLY now!