The HR Generalist is the key point of contact for day-to-day employee and manager inquiries within designated business groups. Serves as the HR Partner to designated Department Heads and Studio Managers and provides counsel & direction regarding: performance management, training and development, change management, policies and procedures. The HR Generalist will be responsible for developing and delivering programs to support department specific business goals and objectives. This is a fantastic position for a bright, self-motivated, well-organized individual who wants to be part of a growing HR Team in a fast-paced, creative company.
- Maintain strong understanding of company policies and practices in order to interpret situations, make decisions, and advise management and employees as appropriate.
- Foster effective working relationships with employees at all levels, balancing employee advocacy with stewardship of company needs, goals and values.
- Partner with the Recruiting team and hiring managers to ensure the effective on-boarding of employees.
- Communicate and coordinate compensation changes, promotions, transfers, and various data changes through established workflows to ensure Finance, Payroll, Benefits and HRIS receive the appropriate information.
- In partnership with the HRIS & Benefits Administrator, manage Leaves of Absence Program (FMLA, PDL, CFRA, Workers’ Compensation). Prepares required documentation, employee communication, partners with Finance and responds to EDD informational requests
- Assist in administering and managing the annual performance evaluation and merit increase system and quarterly Talent Reviews
- Assist in proactively conducting needs assessments and analyses to identify performance challenges. Develop, refine and implement HR policies and practices to address identified issues and areas for improvement within the Company.
- Assist in developing and managing the training & employee development programs of the company and specific initiatives to build employee skill sets.
- Assist in conducting salary surveys and administering the compensation program for the company ensuring equity within designated business groups and the organization overall. Conducts various compensation and earning analysis.
- Provide coaching, counseling, and mentoring to managers and employees. Manage to effective conclusion, sensitive and confidential manager and/or employee issues demonstrating discretion, professionalism, and an equitable approach.
- Negotiate, mediate and resolve employee relations within scope of responsibilities. Escalates issues to Director of Human Resources where appropriate.
- Assist managers in ways to provide constructive performance feedback. Partner with employees and managers on performance improvement strategies. Create performance improvement action plans and employee relations documentation.
- Manage the exit process for outgoing employees including involuntary and voluntary terminations. Responsible for employee separation notices, data tracking, reporting, paperwork preparation, and scheduling and conducting exit interviews.
- Partner with outside Immigration Counsel to assist with processing immigration, international visa and passport applications.
- Partners and collaborates with other HR and Recruiting team members in order to accomplish workload.
- Maintain strong understanding of current HR legal landscape and identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Conducts research on industry trends, best practices, and developments regarding Human Resources that may affect Telltale and advise management and employees accordingly. Provides project support for special ad-hoc assignments, coordination of events and special programs and performs other duties as needed and assigned.
What you bring to the role:
- Proven experience in a similar capacity within a Game Studio or other creative digital business with a mix of technical and creative employees as the sole or lead HR resource.
- A background in building training and development programs and solid knowledge of organizational development and change management principles.
- A dynamic personality with the ability to maximize relationships and build trust when communicating at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to be able to quickly synthesize any issues and provide information, direction and advice as necessary.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize your work and drive it to completion and to multitask and handle competing priorities under the pressures of a deadline.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team and demonstrated commitment to produce high quality work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, including at least three (3) to five (5) years of HR experience, working in a high-paced environment. Additional education/training in Human Resources Management and experience in a gaming, creative, production or entertainment industry environment preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude in working with MS Office applications as well as standard HR, Recruiting and Payroll systems and technology required
- Strong technical knowledge of all areas within the HR function and its role as well as solid knowledge of current federal and states laws and various visas/ work authorization processes.
- Demonstrated capability of maintaining confidentiality. Understands the sensitivity of such information and demonstrates the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations effectively and professionally.
- Experience in partnering with managers to resolve employee conflicts and situations in a timely and thorough manner.
- Must have a good sense of humor, a “can do” attitude and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Telltale.