Fast-growing digital publisher of licensed interactive episodic content on all gaming platforms is looking for a bright, resourceful, knowledgeable and a highly organized Junior Systems Administrator to join a dynamic and creative team. Helping to implement and manage new systems and processes, working with an elite group of professional and creative individuals, providing top-notch customer service. This position reports to the Senior System Administrator.
- Assist the Desktop Support team by providing tier 3 support to ensure top notch user experience in the studio.
- Work closely with the engineering team and provide cost-effective solutions to optimize their workflow wherever possible.
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage the studios resources and provide the ability to scale horizontally.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions or threats.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning and, when needed, develop new policies/procedures to increase efficiency in order to support the rapid growth of the studio.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with the teams impacted.
- Communicate/Coordinate with all teams effected during the implementation/maintenance of new technologies.
- Able to work after hours as necessary to perform maintenance.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of Windows System/Server administration including configuration, implementation, and management.
- Must have experience building, deploying and managing Active Directory while utilizing DNS, Group Policy, SMTP, and IIS.
- Outstanding troubleshooting/problem solving skills. Must work well under stressful situations.
- Prior experience providing support for 300+ users in a production environment.
- Must have extensive knowledge with the following technologies: TCP/IP, NAT, VoIP, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN, Firewalls, SSH, FTP, SFTP, WLAN, VPN, IPSEC, SNMP, SMTP, OS X, NFS, NAS, MySQL, MS SQL, IOS, Android, Google Apps, VMware Virtualization and hardware/software RAID configuration.
- Must have proficiency with Windows 2008 & 2012 Server, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X, VMware ESXi, vCenter, and Linux operating systems (CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian mostly).
- Maintain/Monitor/Improve WAN and LAN, VLAN connectivity, routing, firewalls, load balancers, and other network security devices.
- Must have experience with clustered VMware ESXi environment(s) and vCenter.
- Must have knowledge of source control ( Git, Perforce, SVN )
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Experience with Dell hardware: Servers, Workstations, laptops, and PowerConnect switches.
- Familiarity with maintaining in-house Jira/Confluence.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services, Google Apps, and cloud-based services.
- Experience using automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt are a plus.
- Scripting and coding knowledge is a plus.
- Any related certifications such as MCSA, MCSE, MCP, CCNA, VCP or A+ highly desired.
- Preferred knowledge of the games industry, but not essential.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Telltale.