Funding Circle is growing and we are seeking an experienced Collections Specialist to join our Servicing & Collections team. You will be responsible for contacting customers with delinquent accounts, initiating appropriate action, maintaining records, and providing a high level of customer service to help our customers get back on track.
Birds-eye view of the role:
- Reviews status of delinquent accounts and initiates collection action
- Notifies customer of delinquent accounts according to due dates
- Prepares correspondence on delinquent accounts requiring special handling
- Skip-traces accounts according to established practice
- Provide coordination and communication to store managers and other members to ensure clear understanding of customer accounts
- Initiates appropriate follow-up action on mail returned as undeliverable
- Researches disputed delinquent account balances. Corrects any errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges, direct deposit errors, and overpayment errors
- Reviews Paid Ahead report and clears accounts that have not made a regular payment in over one month
- Initiates settlement letters and creates payment plan for customer
- Participates in the monthly meeting and reports status of all delinquent accounts assigned
Our ideal teammate has:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant 4 year degree
- 1-3 years of experience in a lending/customer service/collections environment
- Excellent Customer Service/Satisfaction skills
- Ability to quickly identify issues, has worked in an established framework, and escalate quickly to supervisor
- Deadline oriented self-starter, able to work independently and interact directly with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Identification with our mission: 'To Build a Better Financial World'
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
To learn more about our work environment, culture, and perks, visit:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.