Funding Circle brings together small businesses and investors in a way that is truly revolutionary. We are here to foster an environment where small business can thrive. Our online platform provides a marketplace where investors receive better returns and small businesses find lower rates. The driving force behind our product is our engineering team; we are using Clojure to build a new payment processing platform that is elegant and sustainable. We are creating scalable infrastructure on a global scale, and we want you to be a part of it!
Our mission: to build a better financial world.
Would you describe yourself as a pro-active, seasoned, tactical, and pragmatic Sr. Technical Project Manager or Scrum Master who thrives on driving projects to completion? If your answer is yes, you’re going to fit right in with our team. We’re looking for a Sr. Technical Project Manager to support our Global Head of Delivery with day-to-day oversight of our global programs and projects. We are a group of creative and ambitious individuals whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for partners in crime who feel the same.Bird’s eye view of the role:
- Be an agile expert: as the Sr. Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master (TPM), you will use agile and traditional project manager techniques to scope, plan, budget, and resource programs and projects, to drive the team to successful delivery.
- Be a project wrangler: you will be responsible for planning programs and projects, setting delivery expectations, and resetting them where necessary. You will remove blockers and encourage sensible prioritization of tasks and goals within the teams, and ensure projects are run efficiently and on time. You will be a single point of contact for others outside of the technology team and be able to triage at the drop of a hat.
- Be a team builder: you will work to foster solid agile practices and processes by working with the engineering team in a coaching capacity; identifying and implementing initiatives that are aimed at further developing team practices.
- Be a collaborator: you will work with all stakeholders to help prioritize, estimate, identify and manage risks and dependencies of the project, as well as provide ongoing status updates, through accurate reporting and verbal/written communication. Your understanding of the domain and current issues will be essential in determining longer term prioritization. You should have a well-honed ability to communicate technical issues to someone non-technical.
Our ideal candidate:
- has a strong technical background; ideally as a developer.
- is a true scrum master who believes in the principles of Agile; not just the processes.
- is relentlessly pro-active in unblocking their team(s).
- manages large and complex programs and projects of work across the whole lifecycle.
- coaches self-managed agile teams to predictably deliver and continuously improve.
- can demonstrable ability to facilitate estimation and prioritization and to handle multiple conflicting requirements.
- has experience in project delivery using a broad cross-section of Agile and XP practices.
- is not afraid of Excel or traditional practices.
Brownie points for:
- experience working in a data and/or data warehousing environment.
- experience working in a financial company or other highly regulated industry.
- demonstrable experience with SAFE, LESS or another scaled Agile methodology.
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.