HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 1.2 million listings in 193 countries.
Our global platform spans across over 40 websites and 22 languages. As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
The Marketing Manager Japan is responsible for developing the overall marketing strategy, brand communication and cross platform integrated marketing campaigns for HomeAway Japan. You will manage the day-to-day relationships with our agency partners to deliver campaigns that drive business success on time and within budget. While efficient coordination with internal members is required to optimize marketing initiatives, external advertisement agency management skill is also required. This position will also benefit from a wider exposure to a brand building and cross media marketing techniques. This role is a key to build brand awareness and sound perception , as well as maximizing ROI of marketing spend to accelerate traffic and transactional growth of Homeaway Japan .
- Analyze, identify, and prioritize marketing opportunities to grow HomeAway’s business in Japan (e.g. new customer acquisition, traffic growth, etc)
- Monitor industry , consumer and competitor trends and conduct a research and survey to identify new opportunities
- Work closely with APAC brand team to understand global/regional brand strategy and communication and leverage existing assets
Campaign and media planning
- Plan and execute brand campaign by streamlining value proposition , target customers and differentiation from competitors.
- Plan and strategize host acquisition marketing strategies and develop campaigns and media plan.
- Work with a regional marketing team to manage online advertisement by providing direction and monitor performance of agency to optimize campaigns and improve efficiency constantly.
- Implement social media strategy and program to increase brand awareness and engage potential customers.
- Manage offline advertisement media planning and execution and gauge its ROI
- Evaluate campaign and channel effectiveness on an on-going basis, working in close coordination with the global Business Intelligence team
- Create out of box thinking initiative to further increase brand awareness by working with agencies to be implemented both online and offline such as viral movie and off site event .
- Develop co-promotion with other big and related brands to further improve brand awareness , and increase new customers
- Develop partnership alliance with other travel/non travel related relevant brands to bring traffic and also transactions in an efficient manner.
- Develop PR strategies and work closely with agencies to publish frequent press release to increase awareness of the brand by maximizing media exposure.
- Conduct PR conference, event and media table to engage key journalists and media to build relationship and increase media coverage.
- Work closely with a product team to improve localized UI/message to be appealing to Japanese customers, and enhance customer experience.
- Monitor brand/customer experience on both PC/Mobile /App to provide an improvement suggestion to the product team.
Analysis and reporting
- Report out on weekly/monthly marketing KPIs to APAC and global management
- Identify areas to optimize marketing spend effectiveness to reduce customer acquisition and traffic costs over time
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of marketing experience, with a B2C focus
- 3+ years Internet and ecommerce experience preferred
- Have experience of delivering successful cross platform, integrated marketing campaigns, and experience managing external media/creative agencies.
- Must be passionate about marketing and ambitious to develop new initiatives.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Creative out of the box thinking
- Experience working in close partnership and developing strong relationships with cross functional counterparts such as sales and customer support
- Proven track record of developing cost effective marketing strategies to drive customer acquisition, sales, and brand awareness
Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Comfortable working in a global, matrix organization
- Having passion for travel
- Willingness to travel in-country and globally (5-10% of time)
- Fluency in English and Japan is required at business conversation level.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred)