Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way by helping them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. A company within the Expedia portfolio, we are the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry with more than 1.2 million properties listed in 193 countries across our sites. We have over one billion visitors per year and serve more than one billion page views per month.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at HomeAway for Technical Program Manager to join our team that manages a portfolio of solutions. In this leadership role, you will drive solutions and execution as we evolve our ecommerce capabilities to create a competitive advantage in our marketplace. You will be asked to draw on your industry expertise and agile knowledge to increase the effectiveness of existing solutions and help build new ones to drive scale and efficiency throughout the organization.
Working with our team requires a unique blend of business acumen and technical skills demonstrated through the ability to translate stakeholder problems into actionable roadmaps and backlogs. You will partner with the product manager(s) to understand, communicate and implement the product requirements informed from industry analysis and end-user feedback to manage the overall product lifecycle for a portfolio of solutions. Common responsibilities include: managing sprint planning sessions, triaging issues and risks, publishing roadmaps, communicating requirements with supporting teams, and collaborating with Engineering. From there; you will be empowered to design, implement, refine and deploy new platforms and features that our customers value.
- Manage the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from sprint planning to end-user adoption
- Meet frequently with product, engineering and business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business processes and needs
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the team’s roadmap and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers
- Manage change management process with product manager(s) and engineering leads
- Monitor the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
- Collaborate with the product manager(s) and engineering teams to ensure epics and user stories are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Lead communication and solution delivery across cross-functional operating teams
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Manage resolution of urgent engineering issues while communicating changes to business stakeholders
- Work with the engineering and product leadership teams to ensure they are fully engaged in strategic and tactical planning decisions
- A strong and proven Program/Project Management and/or Scrum Master experience in a high-tech company, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment
- High level of initiative, passion, and desire to create a world-class user experience for customers
- Demonstrated experience driving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- Demonstrated expertise in best practices for software development, and the ability to evolve those practices according to technology and business trends
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to highly engineering and non-engineering stakeholders
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups and leadership team members
- Proven track of record managing multiple, ongoing complex projects and implementing of ecommerce applications, while delivering on schedule
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures, relational databases, cloud architecture, and data warehouse architectures
- Experience as a Business Analyst (BA) and/or Developer in engineering software environment strongly desired
- Experience with complex information architecture and taxonomy management a plus
- Scrum Master experience in a fast-paced software development environment
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Project Management a plus
- BA/BS required preferably in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
- Some programming experience desired, depending on level.
To let us know you are interested, click apply!
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!