HomeAway is a global leader marketplace for holiday rentals withwell over 1 million houses. It has the energy of a start-up, plus the stabilityof being part of the largest global travel company (Expedia Inc.)
HomeAway is looking for a Consultant/Analyst to join the Global Analytics& Data Insights team in London. This role will be responsible for providingactionable insights to marketing and CRM teams to drive marketplace success. The goal of the team is to identify, define,and drive focus on the company’s KPIs, provide visibility into trends, andinitiate improvement opportunities.
A successful candidate will have a strong analytical and consultative mindset, ahigh level of business acumen and understanding of databases and datavisualization. The candidate will bringexpertise in building and refining data analysis to help solve key business problems.
· Findcompelling insights within data and translate them into action, using yourcommunication skills
· Drivethoughtful and well-informed decision making with our senior business leaders
· Work on proactive projects to support thecompany strategy
· Deliver quantitative models to help informdecision making
· Analyze the performance drivers of traffic acquisitionchannels, translating insights into actionable hypotheses and testsrecommendations, customer scoring and segmentation models
· Define, monitor and improve reporting of KPIsto drive cross channel insights to improve efficiency
· Collaborate with cross-functional teamsglobally understandbusiness objectives and challenges
· Prioritize and work independently with minimumguidance
· Utilize tools to extract and analyze bigdatasets such as SQL, Datameer, Google Analytics or Tableau
· 3+ years work full time experience in consultingor data analytics
· Background in consulting or relevant area –travel, ecommerce, real estate – a strong plus
· BA/BS degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business,Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics)
· Experiencein complex analytical business problems working with data to identify trends,patterns and make recommendations
· Solid quantitative and analytical skills
· Record of business analysis and fact-baseddecision making
· Strong attention to detail, excellent organizationskills, and ability to manage projects concurrently
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Proficiency in Excel a must
· Knowledge of SQL
· Familiarity with eCommerce, web analytics andbig data platforms and Tableau a plus
· Passion for data-driven business decisionmaking
· Fast learner and ability to reach power-userstatus on multiple tools quickly
· Ability to work independently and proactively
· Comfortable dealing with uncertainty byprioritizing effectively
· Desire to exhibit an infectious commitment toexcellence
· Ability to work effectively in a lean, globaland matrixed environment
Whatdo we have to offer?
· Central London location in Victoria, walkingdistance from tube station and great views of London
· Attractive compensation plan, chill-out andlunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruitand breakfast
· Modern office environment
· Every day is Dress Down Friday
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at HomeAway.