You’re not just a content writer, although you can write a mean UI flow. You’re also a brand storyteller, a voice-and-tone virtuoso, and a versatile design thinker who can jump into an agile team and iterate – and then do it again as you test, learn,and get customer feedback.
If this sounds remotely close to how you’d like to work, then we’d love to find you a home atHomeAway. Our world-class UX Design group is seeking content designers for both sides of our business: the owners who make their vacation homes available through our Web and app products, and the travelers who use us to escape and unwind.
If you’re eager to jump in, we’ve got a suite of existing UIs that need your love. But we also need your help shaping our products’ tone-of-voice strategy – to learn what makes us special, to listen to how we and our customers talk, and to activate the HomeAway voice through standards you’ll help set.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Write useful, usable, and meaningful content for our website, native apps, videos, and related applications.
- Frame your decisions around data and insights from user research, analytics, and iterative testing.
- Create and iterate within agile rhythms and lightweight UX practices.
- Collaborate and build rapport with product managers, marketing stakeholders, and your fellow designers.
- Have fun working in our awesome new design studio.
At a minimum, you should:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in one or more humanities or creative disciplines (creative writing, journalism,advertising, philosophy, information design, etc.)
- Have a body of work that demonstrates experience writing for user interfaces, mobile-first or native-app scenarios, and related modern contexts.
- Be able to write pristine, compelling copy without editorial support – but also be able to provide editorial feedback as your peers need it.
- Instinctively get what we mean when we talk about a product’s “tone of voice.”
- Have experience working with – and, preferably, creating – house style guides for a large, global brand.
- Be able to work creatively without client briefs – and in many ways write the “brief” as you go. (This isn’t traditional agency copywriting.)
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSU's)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Stand up desk
- Casual dress code