HomeAway is looking for a Senior DBA to administer our SQL Severs databases ensuring availability and performance. The Database Operations team manages distributed worldwide infrastructure running primarily on SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle platforms. This infrastructure supports a throughput of over 300K transactions per second during peak traffic times. It is comprised of over 1000production DBs with a footprint in excess of 100TB. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and make a difference in in developing usable, scalable and reliable database solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Administer and maintain production, test and development databases for maximum availability.
* Plan and implement upgrades to new versions of MS SQL Server.
* Design and implement metrics to assess database service delivery and key performance indicators
* Monitor databases using tools/scripts to resolve database errors and performance issue.
* Provide capacity planning for Database Servers based on historical growth and new functionality
* Automate database maintenance and monitoring tasks.
* Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases, SSIS and SSRS technologies.
* Experience in a large database and high-volume production environment.
* Experience with Windows Server Clustering and SAN environments.
* Hands-on experience using T-SQL, Command shell scripting
* Experience using backup and monitoring tools like RedGate, Idera
* Team player with effective communication and problem solving
*Experience with AWS and Cloud based data platforms
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at HomeAway.