Are you someone that loves working with data, building reports, solving challenges, and adding value through analysis? HomeAway is looking for a dynamic Sales Analyst on the Global Sales Operations team to dive in and provide expertise in our sales, customer, and operational data. Having a reporting and data-centric background will be critical in this position. Your expertise and insight will help increase sales performance and develop new data-driven sales strategies.
- Proactively utilize advanced technical skills to extract data from multiple sources & provide clear output for decision making
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and the presentation of data to drive actions
- Provide data driven recommendations to sales leadership
- Identify report automation opportunities and proactively provide solutions
- Illustrate key business trends through effective data visualizations
- Present clear findings and insights via presentations and meetings to facilitate informed decision making for the senior sales leadership team
- Provide inputs such as user stories, metrics, & KPIs for data services requests to operationalize reporting and automate recurring analyses
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for data and analysis
- Support questions from the sales team regarding report output &ensure data accuracy
- Work with multiple stakeholders to gain commitment on project requirements, timelines, and desired output while providing clear and frequent communication updates on project status
- Contribute new insights to ad-hoc analytics and modeling projects
- Maintain documentation on reports& queries while partnering with the team to drive consistency in data sources, metrics, best practices, and report value
Ideally, we are looking for:
- 5+ years in an analyst role (business, sales, data, systems, finance)
- Highly proficient in SQL, specifically for data extraction
- Expertise in report building & presentation development utilizing a BI application (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with SalesForce.com
- Experience with data validation methodologies
- Strong analytical,conceptual, and problem-solving abilities paired with excellent communication skills
- Experience working within an agile/scrum framework
- Hadoop experience is highly desired
- Experience translating high-level directions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Technical degree preferred ie: math, stats, finance, etc…)
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at HomeAway.