GoDaddy's (NYSE: GDDY) mission is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures—helping our customers kick ass by giving them the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. With more than 14 million customers worldwide and more than 62 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
We're looking for a passionate, hands-on Director of Engineering for Identity Services, who loves guiding small teams to have a big impact. Identity services includes our authentication and authorization platform, login and account experience, and profile services/APIs for application developers. This team is both at the center of GoDaddy and central to GoDaddy’s success!
- Lead a team of 7-10 people with the charter of developing and executing on GoDaddy’s identity strategy
- Spend at least 30% of your time coding (Python, integrating with authn/authz protocols, React experience is desired)
- Be accountable for the team’s code quality by performing code reviews and promoting engineering best practices (TDD, BDD, CI/CD)
- Lead architectural discussions with the team and across partners
GoDaddy is a proud equal opportunity employer.
- Computer Science bachelor's degree, relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
- Very strong understanding of modern authentication protocols and technologies
- Experience building, scaling, managing REST APIs
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple business priorities while still holding quality paramount
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Experience coding in Python or Java is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile environment, TDD experience preferred
- 6+ years professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL technologies (we use Cassandra)
- Experience with React and Node desired