We’re looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger activities such as purchasing, A/P, A/R, month-end close, and account reconciliations. Position reports to the Director of Finance and works closely with all departments within the company.
- Prepare journal entries including accruals, cost of goods sold, payroll, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and accounts payable
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts such as cash, inventory and prepaid expense
- Review purchase agreements and generate purchase orders
- Review vendor agreements and invoices
- Calculate revenues, generate invoices, and follow up on outstanding payments
- Calculate and file sales tax returns
- Review financial statements and provide variance analysis to departments within the company
- Develop and improve efficient & scalable processes using best practices that tie into the overall company operational structure
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Assist in the implementation of a new ERP system
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of related experience in accounting (public accounting and/or startup experience is a plus)
- Strong accounting (US GAAP) knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working with accounting systems
- Excellent Excel skills
- Work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and organized
- A positive, proactive, fun, and team-focused attitude
ipsy is the world’s largest and most passionate beauty community. The community is centered around a beauty sampling service called the Glam Bag and premier content produced by ipsy and its partner creators. Since being founded in 2011 by top YouTube creator Michelle Phan, the company has grown dramatically. On the sampling front, ipsy ships to over 1.5 million subscribers every month; on the owned content side, ipsy reaches over 20 million people every month through stylist videos and social posts.
ipsy has built a results-oriented team packed with seasoned beauty, e-commerce, tech, and studio professionals in offices in the Bay Area, NYC, and LA. The company has received over $100M in growth capital from premier investors including TPG, Sherpa and top industry insiders. Watch a video about working at ipsy here and consider joining our growing team!