At ipsy, our customers are at the core of everything we do, and we’re committed to providing them with top-notch service. We’re searching for a support representative who is passionate about helping others, who can proactively offer solutions and ideas that will delight our members. This position is responsible for managing sensitive customer interactions, proposing creative solutions, and establishing rapport with our engaged community. You will be scheduled for our evening shift (12-8 PM), and one weekend shift per week.COVER LETTER REQUIRED – We want to get to know you, so tell us about yourself! We'd like to to hear why you're interested in this role and what makes you a good fit for our team. Please include a memorable experience that you've had as a customer and what you consider the most important quality for someone who works in customer care.You Are:
- Support driven. You have a passion for problem-solving and enjoy being challenged. Helping others comes naturally to you.
- Perceptive and empathetic. You proactively anticipate customer needs. You can adapt your tone and approach to fit a diverse range of customer personalities and situations.
- Honest and authentic. You’re comfortable being yourself and genuinely enjoy connecting with others. You express yourself openly and respectfully, and function well as part of a team.
- Reliable and accountable. You’re consistent, dependable, and adhere to a set work schedule.
- You take ownership over the quality of your work and make an effort to improve.
- Innovative. You're a creative thinker who can offer solutions to the trickiest conundrums. You bring compelling ideas to the table in an effort to catalyze positive change.
- Respond to customer emails in a professional, friendly, and timely manner to enhance our members’ knowledge of ipsy and create a positive experience for them
- Manage sensitive issues while maintaining the highest level of professionalism; provide thoughtful, prompt resolutions with empathy and poise
- Recommend solutions to complex or escalated situations through research and critical thinking
- Share relevant, strategic insights with our product, marketing, and technology teams regarding overall customer experience and service-related trends
- Strive to exceed volume and quality goals
- Help with additional projects as needed
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years in customer-centric industry
- Strong computer and typing skills, very comfortable with web-based applications and navigation between tools
- Exceptional written communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to manage workflow efficiently
- Willing to work one weekend shift per week
- Experience providing customer support via social media is a plus
ipsy is the world’s largest and most passionate beauty community. The community is centered around a beauty sampling service called the Glam Bag and premier content produced by ipsy and its partner creators. Since being founded in 2011 by top YouTube creator Michelle Phan, the company has grown dramatically. On the sampling front, ipsy ships to over 1.5 million subscribers every month; on the owned content side, ipsy reaches over 20 million people every month through stylist videos and social posts.
ipsy has built a results-oriented team packed with seasoned beauty, e-commerce, tech, and studio professionals in offices in the Bay Area, NYC, and LA. The company has received over $100M in growth capital from premier investors including TPG, Sherpa and top industry insiders. Watch a video about working at ipsy here
and consider joining our growing team!