ipsy is looking for a full-time Director of Social Media who has a deep knowledge of social media and audience development. This position will be responsible developing ipsy’s social media strategy across all relevant platforms. The right candidate will have a keen understanding of what works on different platforms and have prior experience growing and managing social media channels of prominent brands in the beauty or lifestyle space. Familiarity with social listening, analytics, and publishing tools are key. Candidate must be able to find actionable insights through data and be able to marry them with creative insight.
This role will report to the VP of Programming and Development, work cross-functionally with our analytics and producing teams, as well as other ipsy departments, including Marketing, Brand Partnerships, Growth, and will at times be client-facing. This role is a blend of both strategic and tactical as the role will manage a team of platform channel experts, and will lead content curation, programming and day-to-day scheduling of all ipsy channels. The role will also work closely with our Development/Producing team lead.
- Manage and execute ipsy’s social strategy, programming and growth across all social platforms
- Plan and implement programming strategy that shapes, strengthens and protects ipsy’s brand through amazing content. Ensure programming is consistent and well coordinated across brand/customer touch points.
- Develop social media campaigns that drive deep engagement and create affinity for the ipsy brand
- Analyze data and utilize insights to inform programming decisions. Work with analytics team to monitor community engagement and campaign performances that can help drive creative development.
- Manage a team
- Stay on top of, and lead social trends - identify opportunities for successful activations
- Deep and thorough understanding of all social media platforms
- Experience and proven success in what drives engagement and inspires conversation
- Strong creative eye and sensibility for design and editorial that works on each platform
- Experience in managing people and working cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Experience working with marketing, design, producers, and talent.
- At least 6+ years working in social media
About us:ipsy is the world’s largest and most passionate beauty community. The community is centered around a beauty sampling service called the Glam Bag and premier content produced by ipsy and its partner creators. Since being founded in 2011 by top YouTube creator Michelle Phan, the company has grown dramatically. On the sampling front, ipsy ships to over 1.5 million subscribers every month; on the owned content side, ipsy reaches over 20 million people every month through stylist videos and social posts.
- An incredible work ethic.
- Proven ability to meet big goals and assigned deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external parties to maximize the collaborative creative process.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence: poise, maturity and
level-headedness when dealing with challenging talent dynamics. Creative problem solving and the ability to develop alternative solutions.
- Highly organized with an attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to problem solve – capable of representing ipsy at public forums.
- Thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A ‘big picture’ perspective, yet willing to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
ipsy has built a results-oriented team packed with seasoned beauty, e-commerce, tech, and studio professionals in offices in the Bay Area, NYC, and LA. The company has received over $100M in growth capital from premier investors including TPG, Sherpa and top industry insiders. Watch a video about working at ipsy here and consider joining our growing team!
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Ipsy.