ipsy is an innovative fast-growing beauty company headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing data team. You would be responsible for developing data pipelines, creating ETLs to aggregate data in the data warehouse, and guiding how this data is used by other teams across the organization. The ideal candidate is hands-on and thrives in a fluid, high-performance entrepreneurial environment with a passion for learning and innovating.
- Strong knowledge of Java and at least one other programming language
- Experience working with big data (distributed computing and analytics) tools, e.g. Hadoop or Spark
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience in production environments with large data sets
- Strong communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent field
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with ETL tools and processes
- Knowledge of machine learning methods
- Experience with recommender systems, personalization, or search
ipsy is the world’s largest and most passionate beauty community. The community is centered around a beauty sampling service called the Glam Bag and premier content produced by ipsy and its partner creators. Since being founded in 2011 by top YouTube creator Michelle Phan, the company has grown dramatically. On the sampling front, ipsy ships to over 1.5 million subscribers every month; on the owned content side, ipsy reaches over 20 million people every month through stylist videos and social posts.ipsy has built a results-oriented team packed with seasoned beauty, e-commerce, tech, and studio professionals in offices in the Bay Area, NYC, and LA. The company has received over $100M in growth capital from premier investors including TPG, Sherpa and top industry insiders. Watch a video about working at ipsy here and consider joining our growing team!
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Ipsy.