Code42 is an enterprise SaaS company that develops intuitive, optimized technology to securely protect and manage the world's information. Top-name brands and large organizations entrust their data to our industry-leading and award-winning CrashPlan endpoint security and backup products. We are a well-funded private company backed by several of the venture capital industries most successful firms including Accel, JMI, NEA, and Split Rock Partners.
The Accounting team seeks to support Code42’s growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting coupled with a strong internal control environment. Our goal is to contribute to Code42 at multiple levels by combining strong accounting and business senses, while subscribing to Code42’s mission and values.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the month-end close process and the general ledger systems including daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and activities. This position will be a key member of the accounting team and will manage and serve accounts payable, fixed assets and payroll and ensure our financial statement preparation and reporting are current, correct and complete and in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This position reports to the Assistant Controller. This position can be located in either Minneapolis, MN or Broomfield, CO (will require travel 20 to 25% of the time if located in CO).
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close
- Develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems including the general ledger
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Assist with annual financial statement audit and quarterly reviews; assisting with regulatory reporting and statutory audits as applicable
- Preparing and reviewing adjusting journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal financial controls and procedures
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Supervise (currently) two individuals
- Identify and implement new systems and processes to simplify operations, improve workflow, drive efficiency and improve performance.
- Assist with the annual 401k plan audit
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and provide support for internal controls documentation and testing
- Assist with ad-hoc projects supporting the Assistant Controller and VP of Accounting
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in Accounting is required
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and internal controls
- Minimum 8 years of overall Accounting experience with a combination of public accounting (Big 4 a plus) and industry preferably in a SaaS environment
- Must be proficient with Excel
- Must be detailed oriented, able to multitask and possess excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Extensive ERP systems experience (cloud based such as Intacct or NetSuite is a plus)
- CPA highly desired
- Ability to work cross functionally and partner effectively with Sales, Sales Operations, Finance and Legal teams
- You love process and procedure, but also know when enough is enough
- You love technology and have experience working in growing technology companies
- You have a keen sense for balancing pragmatism and perfection
- You are smart, driven and have a strong desire to grow and advance
- Flexibility to roll with the punches and growing pains of a fast-growing company