Code42 is an enterprise SaaS company that develops intuitive, optimized technology to securely protect and manage the world's information. Top-name brands and large organizations entrust their data to our industry-leading and award-winning CrashPlan endpoint backup.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You will be developing the vision/strategy, future solutions roadmap, and architecture for Code42’s internal network and server infrastructure that will be managed and deployed throughout the organization. You will be responsible for the setup, configuration, administration, and deployment of network, server, and storage hardware along with supporting the internal software/application needs. You will work cross-functionally within Code42 to develop standards and processes for managing the infrastructure consistently and uniformly across the environment.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Managing a team of Network Engineers and Systems Engineers who are responsible for supporting the Code42 internal infrastructure along with the related Data Centers and Data Closets. The infrastructure team will support our internal network (switches, routers, and WiFi) and our internal systems (servers, storage, and applications). Our primary systems are currently made up of VMware, Pure & Qnap Storage, along with Cisco UCS hardware.
- Architecting and creating a hybrid infrastructure model that utilizes AWS for internal IT needs where approriate.
- Work closely with the Security department on VPN and firewall and to ensure that all security policies are enforced and that the network is secure.
- Work with Audit and Compliance team to make sure our systems are secure and that all appropriate policies and procedures are being followed.
- Developing our system monitoring and issue resolution plans.
- Developing Business Continuity plan for internal systems and infrastructure.
- Creating a comprhensive backup and recovery strategy for our environment.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior experience with managing network and infrastructure strategies, road maps, and implementation.
- 10 - 15 years of information technology experience.
- Managed and worked in an environment that utilized VMware and Cisco hardware for infrastructure and network.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to move between high-level architecture design/review, while also being able to be hands on to deliver projects on time and within scope.
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop a clear plan to resolve any issues presented to you.
- Ability to consistently execute and follow standard policies and procedures around the systems being supported.
YOU WILL STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Infrastruture As A Service (IAAS) utilizing AWS, Microsoft, or Google
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
Standard Competencies we look for:
- Cultivates Innovation
- Values Differences
- Instills Trust
- Customer Focused
Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at CODE42.