Title of Position: Sr. Customer Success Manager
Role located in: Atlanta, Georgia
Reports to: Director, Customer Success
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, please visit https://www.okta.com/
The Sr. Customer Success Manager will be responsible for complementing Okta’s innovations, best practices and capabilities with our valued customers’ business objectives and priorities thereby driving higher business value and executive alignment between Okta and our customers. You will be responsible for driving customer adoption and success by providing oversight, adoption recommendations, opportunities for greater service and risk management. You will perform routine health checks and assist with business value assessment to ensure our customers, the most ROI from Okta. The success of this role means higher customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of Okta business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact post implementation. Assume overall customer adoption responsibility and escalation management role.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customer stakeholders and executive sponsors to drive product adoption and ensure they are leveraging the solution to achieve full business value.
- Partner with internal Okta stakeholders to align account activities with the customer's business case and strategy.
- Prepare and educate customers on new features and releases.
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends, provide recommendations based on risk and customers’ business needs.
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks.
- Identify renewal risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure a successful renewal.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product.
- Work with the sales team to properly sell and positions Success Services.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of customer success experience in Saas organization.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Experience in consulting and implementation of IT systems preferably cloud service and/or identity management.
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting-edge infrastructures
- Specialized training on support, SAML, security preferred
- 2+ years of application programming and system support experience is strongly preferred
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information , Developing Standards, Help Desk, Service Excellence
- Experience of SaaS vendors such as Box, Google Apps, NetSuite, Salesforce, ServiceNow and Workday preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- Ability to manage multiple customer projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage customers from inception to successful deployments and handover to sales when the leads are qualified for upsell.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Team and Customer Interaction
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions with customers.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
Education, Training and Certification
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.