Title of Jon: Sr. Technical Instructor
Role Located in: New York
Reports to: Training Practice Director
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
ABOUT OKTA TRAINING:
Okta Training provides comprehensive instructional programs to ensure success for our customers, partners, and employees at all stages of their lifecycle using Okta identity and mobility solutions.
The Okta Technical Instructor will deliver both web-based virtual training and dedicated onsite events to train customers, partners, and employees on features of the Okta service. The candidate is a passionate and solid instructor and communicator, skilled in the delivery of quality training sessions in both physical and virtual and also participates regularly in curriculum projects. In addition, the candidate is expected to develop expertise in a particular area of the Okta service and learn all relevant aspects of current and new functionality to ensure ongoing improvement of product knowledge and training / presentation skills.
Quality deliverables, commitment to timelines, and unwavering focus on customer success are of paramount importance in this position. Flexibility and a desire to participate in the growth and scale of a successful global training practice are qualities that a successful candidate will possess. Job level is determined in accordance with candidate experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an area of targeted expertise as it relates to learning requirements in a key area of the Okta service (Identity Management, Mobility Management, or Platform).
- Deliver public instructor-led training sessions and administer learning assessments in both virtual (web-based) and traditional classroom settings as well as onsite at customer locations.
- Assume full ownership for success of training events, interacting internally and with the customer as needed to confirm requirements, event logistics, knowledge transfer, and follow-up.
- Keep Okta knowledge current, stay up to date with new features and versions as they are released in targeted area of expertise
- Collaborate with internal Okta teams (Products, Product Marketing, Engineering, Business Development, Professional Services, and Support) to identify best practices and incorporate new Okta product features into the lifecycle training offerings for each unique audience.
- Contribute subject matter expertise to the design and development of Okta technical courseware, learning paths, training assessments, and certification exams.
- Contribute articles to the Okta knowledge base
- Adhere to Okta Training methods, processes, procedures, and policies in the development and delivery of training services; partner well with Okta Training peers.
- Assist in scoping, developing, and delivering private or custom training with customers
- The position will travel to deliver on-site training upon request, not to exceed 30%.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years in the technology industry.
- 3+ solid experience interfacing with customers and partners in a technical training role.
- Bachelors Degree, minimum
- Excellent understanding of one or more common industry standards related to technologies and protocols that support:
- Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, XACML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID) directory integration, SSO, multi-factor authentication preferred
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting-edge infrastructures a plus
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Some knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space preferred
- AD and LDAP experience preferred
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday preferred
- Language flexibility including PHP, Java, Ruby, .Net, web programming skills including REST/JSON, developer use of Okta SDK for web and mobile apps, cURL, object-oriented design (OOD)
- Mobile security, authentication, and device management
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations using web-based training delivery technology to technical and non-technical audiences; competently uses appropriate classroom management and audience-engagement methods and techniques.
- Demonstrates strong written communication skills for the purpose of quality curriculum development and review.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible and team well in a fast growing environment.
- Facilitates productive cross-team interaction and is effectively able to represent the vision and charter of Okta’s Training and Customer Success Teams.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer