Title of Job: Senior Manager of Stock Administration
Role Located in: Okta Headquarters (San Francisco or San Jose, CA)
Reports to: Associate General Counsel
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
The Senior Manager of Stock Administration will play a critical role in the development of a world-class global stock administration and reporting function. This role will partner with Legal, Finance and HR in addition to other business groups to ensure compliance with regulatory, internal and external reporting and requirements for equity plans and disclosures. Our ideal candidate will be hands-on in administering and scaling the function as the company grows.
- Manage all aspects of global equity administration, including grant of options, RSUs and other equity instruments, option exercises, RSU releases and employee terminations
- Maintain database integrity and ensure accuracy of records in Equity Edge Online
- Manage employee communications regarding equity
- Develop and lead employee equity education programs
- Collaborate with legal, finance, and accounting teams and internal and external auditors to provide equity reporting and ensure accounting, income, regulatory and tax compliance
- Prepare and maintain capitalization table and stock ledger
- Manage and drive improvements to processes, procedures and work flows
- Support legal and executive team with equity related transactions and filings
- Provide excellent customer service to employees and internal partners
- Evaluate best practices and developments in applicable laws/regulations to drive improvements in equity plan design and implementation
- Manage relationships with outsourced equity related vendors and brokers
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors Degree
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) required
- 7 - 10+ years of prior experience in administering global equity plans for public companies
- Broad experience with a range of equity compensation instruments and plans, including stock options, RSUs, PSUs and ESPP
- Experience supporting 10b5-1 plan transactions, including coordinating with brokers, processing transactions and supporting timely reporting
- Experience with Section 16 and Rule 144
- Extensive experience with Equity Edge Online and CapMx
- Advanced skill in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, adhere to tight deadlines and collaborate with cross functional teams
- Ability to work independently and drive systems and processes
- This position may be based in San Francisco or, beginning in March 2017, in San Jose. If based in San Jose, travel to San Francisco is required for weekly office hours and other ad hoc activities
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer