Don’t want to spend your semester at a typical run of the mill internship, running errands and getting coffee for the office? Come feed your curiosity and learn what it takes to succeed in the TV/Film industry at Whalerock Industries! At Whalerock Industries, we’re a powerhouse of innovative minds creating cutting-edge content distributed across a variety of platforms.
Are you eager to learn? Always wanting to be ahead of the game? A team player? Proud to admit your guilty pleasure is reality television? Love reading and imagining the words coming to life? Yes to all these questions? Well, Whalerock Industries is looking for students like you to work with our TV and feature film development teams this Winter 2017! Our internship program runs from1/23/17 through 4/28/17. It’s a paid internship and students must be able to work 2 full days a week (16 hours total).
The ideal TV/Film development intern…
- Complete tasks that include script/book coverage and research projects
- Help with desk coverage for both reception and executive assistants
- Participate in creative development meetings with Scripted and Unscripted TV executives
- Learn about the TV and film development process first hand
- Work on projects in development for various television networks and media outlets
- Be submerged in a fast-paced environment and be ready to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Have the opportunity to develop and pitch an original idea to the leadership team
- Participate in “Lunch & Learns”- opportunities to grab a bite and pick the brains of the leadership team
To be considered for this opportunity, we MUST receive all of the following from you:
- A team player
- A self-starter and not afraid to share their taste in TV/Film
- Passionate about TV and film with a strong interest in the television/film industry (experience and knowledge of the industry is a plus)
- An avid reader and able to cohesively summarize and put feedback and opinions onto paper
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and local to Los Angeles
- Willing to take direction and see assignments through completion in a timely manner
- Preferably studying TV/Film/Media or a similar field
- Available to work onsite at our West Hollywood office two full 8 hour days a week (16 hours total) from 1/23/17 through 4/28/17.
- Cover statement telling us why you are the BEST candidate for our internship
- Detailed availability for Winter 2017 (January-April) in Los Angeles
Other jobs at Whalerock Industries