Whalerock Industries is a groundbreaking media and technology company that creates 360-degree digital experiences for leading celebrities, influencers, and major brands. Whalerock is seeking an individual with an entrepreneurial approach to business development to identify, evaluate, and execute strategic partnerships and initiatives. The Business Operations Manager will be responsible for growing and engaging audiences across social media platforms for a portfolio of high-profile digital media properties.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in business development, partnerships, strategy, and/or operations within a media or digital environment. The ideal candidate…
- Build business development strategy and develop framework to identify, analyze, evaluate, and execute strategic digital media partnerships and initiatives with established and emerging partners in digital media and entertainment
- Collaborate with Ad Sales, Finance, Product, Engineering, Editorial, and Digital Video teams to communicate key strategies, priorities, and implementation plans, while balancing brand compliance responsibilities
- Develop opportunities across various social media, digital, digital video, and mobile platforms to grow and engage audience and drive monetization opportunities
- Perform research, sourcing, financial assessment, and negotiation of digital partnership agreements with existing, high-profile brands and companies
- Optimize and exploit traffic acquisition (paid sources, distribution deals, and social media)
- A thought leader on the team in the proposal and evaluation of strategic opportunities
- Able to identify value-creating opportunities for Whalerock Industries
- Knowledgeable and has a deep understanding of online, advertising, video, mobile and social media
- Results-oriented, extremely proactive, self-motivated and highly responsive with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, at all levels of the organization
- A team player with demonstrated experience working with and leading cross-functional projects
- An analytical individual who quickly assesses situations & acts in an informed, decisive manner
- 3-5 years of previous combined experience in business development, partnerships, strategy, and/or operations within a media or digital environment
- A MBA (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing business development partnerships, including strategy, contract negotiation, success metrics, etc.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with a demonstrated track record of sound business judgment
- Strong organizational, analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Established relationships within entertainment and/or digital business development communities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and highly proficient at time-management
- Worked effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment & remain composed under pressure
- A successful track record in the digital sector is highly desirable
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
- You have a sense of humor.
- You love to win.
- You like getting your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
- You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
Other jobs at Whalerock Industries