Category VP, Retail
New York, NY
xAd enables real-time, location-based marketing, without the guesswork. Working with xAd, marketers can deliver more relevant, personalized messages to the right people they want to reach, based on the real places they visit everyday. Each month, xAd's patented location platform helps marketers reach over 300 million people globally via more than 30 thousand popular mobile applications. With xAd, marketers can say goodbye to assumptive marketing and reach the right people at real places in real-time with precision, relevance and confidence. Learn more: www.xad.com.
The VP, Retail is responsible for shaping the Retail Vertical strategy by consultatively working with the biggest retail clients to drive growth and revenue. This is a new role and will be instrumental in developing the next iteration of xAd’s North America Sales organization.
- Manage, shape and educate the xAd’s Retail Sales team on strategic category-specific sales cycle.
- Design and execute the strategy to consultatively develop new profitable revenues with retail clients, creating significant value for both xAd and clients.
- Leverage existing relationships to grow xAd’s retail presence and establish xAd as the leading mobile solution in that category.
- Educate and excite retail clients on xAd’s products and methodologies, preparing and presenting pitch material as needed.
- Drive sales and revenue with targeted retail clients across the US.
- Identify new market opportunities in the retail vertical.
- Regularly prepare market level analysis and provide management reports to deliver insights that maximize deal performance and inform deal structure strategy.
- A passionate leader with experience building teams.
- A top notch communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and communicate at all levels of management, both inside and outside xAd.
- A leader of change; able to achieve operation excellence in an environment with limited oversight and a degree of ambiguity.
- A creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable solutions for their clients and their team.
- An expert in the retail category with deep insight regarding strategy and relationship management.
- 8 - 12 years of strategic digital media sales experience; work experience in Ad Tech strongly preferred.
- Clear history of selling to large retailers and customers who execute the purchase directly.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA strongly prefered.
- Strong network of senior contacts across North American retail clients.
- Consultative sales approach and a strong interest in sharing your expertise with your team.
- Significant experience managing key accounts and negotiating contracts.
- Foresight about where the future is heading with regard to Location Advertising and retail.