Sr. User Experience Designer (Sr. UX Designer)
Velocify is one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service companies in the country, providing the market-leading solution for intelligent sales automation and cloud-based telephony. Velocify’s software is designed for high-velocity sales environments and helps sales teams be much more productive and successful by driving rapid lead response, increased selling discipline, improved productivity, and actionable selling insights.
Velocify has grown fast by hiring an exceptional team and by fostering a unique and vibrant company culture that rewards and nurtures extraordinary talent. In addition to exceptional HR benefits the company provides a well-stocked kitchen, a casual working-environment, a TV/games room, and has a thriving company-sponsored social calendar. Senior User Experience Designer (Sr. UX Designer)
The UX team at Velocify is growing and we are looking for a key contributor to help design and shape the future of the Velocify user experience. We work as a small team to improve the productivity and enjoyment of users across all Velocify products. If you’re looking for an engaging, challenging opportunity to see quick adoption of your ideas, this is the position for you.
Velocify is an agile workplace and we run our design process ahead of each sprint so that we have time to create the best possible solution in harmony with product owners and engineering.
Come join us and make a difference!
- Create, present, and deliver user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mockups, to effectively communicate interaction, user experience, and design ideas.
- Help define user goals, models, and user interfaces for new and existing product features then translate them into wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Advanced knowledge of the following UXD practices and concepts:
- User Centered Design
- Highly interactive interfaces (e.g. Rich Internet Applications - RIA)
- UI Heuristics and Principles
- Responsive Design
- Collaborate with software roadmap planners to transform product visions into beautiful, elegant experiences
- Work with product management and customers, to determine requirements, articulate user needs, and translate those needs into concepts and elegant interface designs
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Design application user interfaces (including information architecture and interaction design)
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders
- Evaluate existing user experiences and identifying areas for improvement
- Participate in user testing sessions and interviewing customers with relevant skills and responsibilities
- Communicate:Ability to effectively articulate ideas, present to groups’ internal and external stakeholders and with supervisor to share progress of work and design
- Collaborate: Work within UXD and product teams to see a project through its lifecycle
- Estimate:Ability to estimate project effort required
- Multitask: Ability to manage multiple projects at once and oversee development of the user experiences
- Time Management:Manages time wisely across jobs, meets agreed upon deadlines and is accountable and responsible for their work
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
Within 6-12 Months:
- Establish solid understanding of the Velocify products, what they are used for and how they operate.
- Establish a strong partnership with product teams.
- Establish a good understanding of our industry.
- Apply knowledge of our industry and products to evaluate and identify applicable UX recommendations.
- Minimum of 2 years of user experience design experience for software and web applications that leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- Understanding of information architecture, workflows, concept development and interaction design
- Fluent in creating information architecture documentation including sitemaps, user flow diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Understanding of user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- Applied facilitation, brainstorming and collaboration exercise skills
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in working with developers in agile
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- BS or MS in in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related field or equivalent work experience in User Experience, Information Architecture or Interaction Design
- Great Place to Work - Velocify maintains a better than 4 star rating on Glassdoor.com and was named a “Best Place to Work” in 2015, a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award. (Link)
- Well-Funded and Financially Rock-Solid – Velocify is venture backed, having raised over $20M from Tier 1 VC-firms.
- Hyper-Growth – Velocify has been recognized as one of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies on Inc. Magazine’s Distinguished “Inc. 5000″ List for 2 years running (Link) and Velocify has been a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Company for 4 years running. (Link)